jDUI-Fontpack.ded won't work with current Snowberry?

edited 2011 Jan 2 in Addons for DOOM
I've been a user of Doomsday for the longest time, however I decided to start using the current version of the Snowberry beta after experiencing one too many (though completely random) "segment violation" crashes in Doom.

At first I was confused on how to setup up addons with Snowberry, but I think I finally got it working. (Either that, or the addons this site was giving out weren't working properly.)

However, I'm having a problem with the high def user interface pack. The status bar is high resolution, I get the high quality backgrounds of the main menu and interludes, but any text in the game isn't. The only text that is high def is the numbers on the statusbar, but the problem is I often play in fullscreen HUD. (I hit TAB on and off to check ammo on other guns.) And for some reason, the NIGHTMARE!! difficulty setting is the only menu option in high res, the rest is blurry.

I used to use an older version of the jDUI with Doomsday, which had the main menu fonts like New Game, Load Game, the difficulty settings like Hurt Me Plenty and I'm Too Young to Die, all were high resolution, even the ammo and health counters in fullscreen HUD. That file however, still had the normal blurry Doomguy face.

So I tried running both the old and the new jDui's individually, then both at the same time, then switching the load order, and I all I got was the combination of high res models of either one or the other, with the new jDUI seeming to take precedence regardless of load order. But then out of the blue moon, it just suddenly worked, and I got all high res text everywhere, and even the high res Doom face. I don't know what settings I messed with, or if I even did any. What wasn't high rez though was the extra menus that Snowberry has that Doomsday doesn't, but if this was an indication that Snowberry was only reading my old jDui (even though both were activated) then I guess it makes sense since I think that jDUI was meant for Doomsday only.

But then all I did in that session was mess with the automap colors, change to Always, quit the game (after finding out the changes didn't apply) restart, and I was back to square one with the interface with the blurry fonts. High rez statusbar and face, blurry everything else again, except the one Nightmare option. I can't even get the old one back working again. I didn't change any game settings at the time.

I keep looking at the file scrtucture of both jDUi files, and, with the exception of the older jDUI having no high res face, they're both the same, so I can't imagine what is wrong. The files are in the addons folder, still packed. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Comments