- Singleplayer only. Designed with UV in mind, but the other difficulties are (somewhat) tested.
- Tested with v2.2.2 plus the latest (as of November 13th, 2020) source code.
- This uses Doom2.wad for the IWAD
- This requires OTEX v1.1 (not included). Download the WAD file here.
- Mouselook is suggested. No jumping or crouching allowed, including rocket jumps.
Halls of The Goat Child is a semi-speedmap that I started on a whim. I was needing a break from Quake mapping, but didn't want to do anything too elaborate. It's been ages since I've done a Doom map in vanilla format, and so I decided it was a good time to scratch that itch. For added fun/nostalgia, and to remove some of vanilla Doom's stricter limitations (I didn't want to go that
vanilla), I decided to do it for Doomsday, an engine I have a soft-spot for.
Unlike my usual maps, this one is short and sweet, taking me about 12-15 minutes to complete on UV. It gets to the point and doesn't do anything too elaborate. All in all it took about 22 hours spread out over five days to build, which for me is an incredibly short amount of time.
Known bugs: there's some known slowdown in a few areas. Turning off ambient occlusion seems to help a bit, but I think the real culprit is just the map geometry. Also, one or two switches also don't make a sound, which I think has something to do with the XG line type that I couldn't figure out.