JDoom64 Plugin?

edited 2015 May 5 in Developers
Hello. I've looked at the source code and the issue tracker and have seen that apparently there is an old jdoom64 plugin that contains the Absolution TC specific logic, however I don't see this plugin is provided in the built releases.

I understand it's not a proper Doom 64 plugin since it's based on the Absolution TC and not Doom64 EX and that it's not being mantained in several years, but I'd like to play the TC inside a modern build of Doomsday (for personal reasons. I really like Doomsday). Why is this not included in the builds? Do I have to build the source code in order to get the dll?

Thanks

Comments

• The libdoom64 plugin is not built or distributed with release builds because the game is not playable.

The libdoom64 plugin was indeed originally based on the Absolution TC but has since been revised significantly. The current plan is to use this as a base for porting the much improved support from Doom 64 EX, however work on this is currently on the back burner.

Hopefully I'll be able to return to working on Doom 64 support in Doomsday this year.
  • I am currently hacking on the Doom64 so as to make it work.

My work is available at http://github.com/romanhargrave/Doomsday-Engine on the `doom64` branch (this is the default branch on my github fork).

As it stands, you can operate the game without having it crash, but you will not get terribly far as some map features are not working (very possibly related to incomplete Boom compatibility -- something I intend to address), and I have yet to address those. My primary focus right now, however, is to insure that the heads-up-display is working.

I am currently working in the branch `doom64_hud-cleanup` to merge and make functional danij's modifications from `hud-cleanup`. This will make it far simpler to assemble heads-up displays in all game plugins, which is quite nice, considering the current state of things in that area (a lot of duplicate logic). After that, I would like to look in to the state of the doom64 data loader -- as the in-game music is corrupted, this will go alongside looking in to map features that need to work, as they somewhat go hand-in-hand, seeing as that data all resides in the WAD (though I do not doubt that the button issue is an engine problem, as it quite closely resembles a recurring issue I have with full-boom maps, like FreeDoom Phase 2 Map 2). It is also worth noting that button textures do not appear to update when interacted with.

There is more information at http://tracker.skyjake.fi/issues/1580, as this seems to have (for now) become the central issue for tracking most Doom64TC-related issues, and as such will have other interesting issues attached to it.