Abbs pack 5 problems

edited 2009 Oct 1 in Addons for DOOM
hi :-)

I've just downloaded the abbs pack V5, I unzipped it and puttet it in a folder i named: ''Abbs pack.box'' and putted it in the addons folder, and the ''AbbsPack.pk3'' in the ''doomsday fronted\addons'' folder and started Dengine. I checked them both and started the game, if i don't have any other addons turned on i just use the same old boring weps. i really want to use the abbspack, i've searched for it for months and now i finally found it... please help me fix my problem.

Comments

• Have you tried adding it without even putting it in a .box? .Box files are not necessary, and why make one for a single addon, when they're intended to be a package of multiple addons?
  • it's not a .box file, it's just a folder i named __________.box. I also have tried to put them all in the addon folder without a folder...

Also anything other than the hud works; the sound works great, the explousion on the wall is super and the projectiles are fantastic, but the hud... boring...
  • What I mean to ask is, have you just tried putting the .PK3 into the Addons folder as it is, and then just enabling it in Snowberry?
  • sorry, but i'm already enabling it in snowberry, and it doesn't help. iv'e just tried to put it into the abbspack folder and it doesn't change anything :(
  • Are you running Doomsday 1.9.0-beta6.x? If so, it is possible that this addon is affected by this issue, which would explain why everything else works but not the HUD models (if the addon uses that VFS feature).
  • yes, i am using Dday 6.6. Will the issue be fixed in beta 7?
  • No this issue is not addressed in 1.9.0-beta6.7 as it was discovered too late to do anything about it. I'll try to look into it for the next release.
  • yay, thanks. i relly look forward to the next release.