Possible Regression - F10-Quit does not play swich sounds

edited 2014 Feb 3 in Technical Support
In Vanilla, hitting F10 plays one of the switch activation sounds. (Which I believe is the same in the menu, like when you first hit esc). Selecting "y" to confirm plays the alternate switch sound, along with a randomly selected monster bark/marine yell.

Sometime in the last few weeks both switch sounds when hitting F10 are gone. A minor thing, but that cadence is ingrained in my brain, and quitting without it is strangely unsatisfying. :-/

I think this may have been introduced in version 1.13, issue #1599. Can someone confirm? (I'm running the windows build.)

Edit: I see now the link to issue 1091 which is related, and Sonicdoommario's comment verifying what I'm reporting. Anyway, thought I'd post here first before mucking up the issue tracker. I'll add my "+1" to it here, FWIW.

If I'm reading Revision 200dc74c doomsday/plugins/common/src/g_game.c correctly, the initial sound playback has just been removed, I suspect the 2nd sound would be in G_QuitGameResponse. I don't know C enough to know what the changes from "const char*" to "char const *" mean.