Ultimate Doom Exit loops

Running 1.9.0-b6.6 on Mac OS 10.4

Exiting E1M9 returns the player to the start of the most recently entered map. This problem has been reported on the sourceforge bug page,

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2850396&group_id=74815&atid=542099

and marked "Fixed" - but I still encounter it. Does this "Fixed" indicate a future release, or a windows-only fix, or have I myself done something incorrectly?

Comments

• Patches have been released to resolve the issue, see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145&start=0#p917
  • Thank you for the speedy reply - you're certainly on top of this. Also, I apologize for the redundancy in topic.

EDIT: Though perhaps not as on top as I thought. :P The patched files in your link seem not to exist, or at the very least return a 403.
  • Odd. Those links worked at the time I uploaded the patches. I'm not at my dev system atm but I'll be able to look into the problem in an hour or so.

EDIT: Ok, try the links again now.
  • The links won't allow me to download directly, but I can visit the page as a .txt file, save it, and convert the extension. Edit after I test the file.
  • That is normal web browser behaviour with files that look like plain text. In many browsers there is an option to save the file directly, for example in Firefox; right click the link and choose "save link as".
  • No - I mean that Safari's download manager refuses the files' existence. Option-clicking (default Safari shortcut for "download file") does not work. It still fails to download, but now I can visit the page, where I couldn't before. Before, visiting the link returned a 403 error.

The point (for me at least) is now moot, as the replacement with the renamed file has indeed solved the issue.

Thanks for your help, and for all your work on a terrific source port - not to mention continued development for us non-Intel Mac people. :)
  • Oh I see, a Safari user... 'nuff said :D