Prototype stage

edited 2016 Feb 20 in Developers
<div id="bridgedd"> <div class="excerpt-title">This is a blog excerpt.  <a href="http://dengine.net/blog/2016/02/prototype-stage/&quot; target="_blank">Read Full Article</a> </div> <br /> I'm still focusing squarely on finishing a fully functional first iteration of the new Home UI, and it is coming along nicely. Here's a brief glimpse of how things are looking currently (click for an animated gif):

Basic tasks like selecting a game or a saved game are working, and I have a list of the multiplayer games up as well. Main focus is now on the Packages tab, where I've revamped the list's appearance. The next step is to implement some additional features for managing packages, like sorting, filtering and searching. After that the only thing that's needed is a ... </div>

Comments

• that looks amazing. a feature of the ui is the ability to have a screen shot section where it shows the screen shots for the game your playing also have it randomly pick one of them to be the background of the games tab like steam dose.
  • It would be nice to autoselect child packages after selecting a parent one, like we can do in snowberry .box addon format.
  • veirdo wrote:
    It would be nice to autoselect child packages after selecting a parent one, like we can do in snowberry .box addon format.
    That is pretty high on the to-do list, yes. In practice you will be able to optionally mark a parent package as a collection, so the user can either see it as one package or a collection of smaller packages. I'm leaning towards not making the packages list hierarchical, however, due to it becoming too complex.

Also, soon it will be possible to mark packages as hidden and have them be loaded automatically in case they are required, for instance for packages containing common resources for many models.