Update for Doomsday 1.9.10

edited 2013 Feb 17 in News
We have made a patch release for version 1.9.10 that fixes some incorrect behavior.
  • Map Renderer: Secret exit switch coords in DOOM E3M6
  • OpenAL: Compilation failure with integer conversion in 64-bit build
  • Fatal exception about failure to get a lock (bug in de::Lockable)
  • Handle exception if failed to open log output file (e.g., starting a second instance of Doomsday when running a dedicated server on the same machine)
Download: build736 | Release notes for 1.9.10-1

Comments

• I would ask you to use dots in all parts of the version number (1.9.10.1), since the dash is used as a separator for releases at the distro level.

md2tool is marked as GPL-2 only (due to the lack of "or later" wording). Is this intended? It does conflict with distrib/debian/copyright.
  • Hi!

Thanks a lot for this release, it looks great!! however, I found a couple of problems with it:

- When going fullscreen (using snowberry) the taskbar remains visible (using standard GNOME on RHEL 6.3 32 bits)
    - The cross style for the crosshair is not working (nothing appears on screen), however all other styles (angles, for instance) work perfectly

I think more information is needed for these issues, I just don't know what. Please ask me and I'll give the information required.
    jengelh wrote:
    I would ask you to use dots in all parts of the version number (1.9.10.1), since the dash is used as a separator for releases at the distro level.
    I would also like to request this, for exactly the same reason.

Regards and thanks again.
  • jengelh wrote:
    I would ask you to use dots in all parts of the version number (1.9.10.1), since the dash is used as a separator for releases at the distro level.
    We will discontinue the "-1" numbering starting with 1.10.

Doomsday's version numbering has been quite incoherent during the past couple of years. When the 1.9 betas were started, the expectation was that we would soon switch to 1.9.1 after 1.9.0-betaX.Y. However, the betas dragged on for years and thus we skipped to 1.9.7 for the stable version. The dash suffix (betaX.Y) was reduced to just the patch level.

The version number for the 1.9.10-1 release is actually 1.9.10.736 (the build number being the fourth component), however we don't usually show the build number as part of the version.

Going forward, stable releases will each use their own minor version number: 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, etc. and possible patch releases use the third component, e.g., 1.10.1.
    md2tool is marked as GPL-2 only (due to the lack of "or later" wording). Is this intended? It does conflict with distrib/debian/copyright.
    It is intended to be GPL v2 or any later version. I corrected the wording in the source files.
    skolnick wrote:
    - When going fullscreen (using snowberry) the taskbar remains visible (using standard GNOME on RHEL 6.3 32 bits)
    - The cross style for the crosshair is not working (nothing appears on screen), however all other styles (angles, for instance) work perfectly
    I'll check if I can reproduce these.
  • I today received a patch...
    Index: doomsday-1.9.10.1/doomsday/config_unix.pri
    ===================================================================
    --- doomsday-1.9.10.1.orig/doomsday/config_unix.pri
    +++ doomsday-1.9.10.1/doomsday/config_unix.pri
    @@ -40,6 +40,12 @@ contains(QMAKE_HOST.arch, x86_64) {
         }
     }

+contains(QMAKE_HOST.arch, ppc64) {
    +    exists($$PREFIX/lib64) {
    +        DENG_LIB_DIR = $$PREFIX/lib64
    +    }
    +}
    +
     # Target location for plugin libraries.
     DENG_PLUGIN_LIB_DIR = $$DENG_LIB_DIR/doomsday

However, that looks so horribly wrong, because the output of uname is in no way an indication (at best a default) as to what LIB_DIR is supposed to be, in other words, the kernel type is not an indicator for the system locations. There seems to be no way to override DENG_LIB_DIR from the qmake command. Can you add one?
  • Thanks, I'll commit that into the repository.