Doom Builder 2 sprite questions.

edited 2013 Jan 4 in Addons for DOOM
I am trying to make a better texture for the hanging moss sprites. I figured out I can put the new texture in the Patch folder of the resource pk3 I'm working from. What I'd like to know is, how can I stop the moss from autofacing the player? Also, once I can do that, how do I get the info into the pk3 so as not to alter my Original game wad?

And, a third question I just came up with, is it possible to make the moss move as if a light breeze is coming through the cave entrance?

Comments

• What you are hoping to do can only be achieved by replacing the original sprites with a 3D model. Sprites always face the camera and cannot be animated in the way you'd like.
  • If, on the other hand, you meant to add sprites from other angles, then you, after you drew them, could import them with the angle character being A-H. I one time did that with some monsters way back in the day...so you would have like MOSSA0, MOSSB0, MOSSC0...MOSSH0. You could do this in vanilla doom, but I don't know how Doomsday would handle it, and how that would work.
  • I just wanted to make the moss quit turning to face cam. I'm sure that an old doom builder had a tick box to do this but I'm unable to find it anywhere. After ticking the box you would then set the angle and save.
    And that brings up another question, how can I save and enact these changes without changing the original wad? I was planning to go through and line up the decorations which would require moving the location an little in some cases. I could do it and save but it makes a new wad and I wouldn't be able to share it and it would contain way more info that what I wanted. Hope I make some kind of sense.
  • You can't change anything physical on a map (i.e change it's facing angle or move a mobj around), without distributing the whole map.

Well, you could distribute a bunch of THING lumps and expect the user to open a wad editor and paste them in to the right wads, but that would just be silly.
  • Psychikon wrote:
    If, on the other hand, you meant to add sprites from other angles, then you, after you drew them, could import them with the angle character being A-H.
    False.
    The angle is specified by digit at the end (0 for omnidirectional sprite, 1-8 for each of the 8 directions).
  • Vermil wrote:
    Well, you could distribute a bunch of THING lumps and expect the user to open a wad editor and paste them in to the right wads, but that would just be silly.
    Or you could generate a patch/diff file and have that applied to the end users' own WAD. That would assume they have the same version of the WAD, which as we all know isn't guaranteed.