Doomsday engine stutters with High Resolution Texture Pack

Hi, I have Doomsday engine 1.9.8 installed with high resolution texture pack deng-dhtp-20111231.pk3 in the snowberry addons folder. When I use the texture pack, it causes doomsday to stutter when a new area comes into view for almost 2 seconds(screen pauses), I've tried different settings and resolutions but it still happens. When I uncheck use texture pack the stuttering goes away. Its almost as if it doen's have enough memory, but I've got 8gb of ram with an AMD A6 APU. Is there a heapsize (like for half life) to increase the ram heap for doom?

Thanks for any help...

Comments

• I wonder if it is related to what I went through when I updated my Radeon driver to the 2012 driver. The resource pack did this too. I rolled back the driver and the problems disappeared. At first I blamed the build, but the packs caused it only when I had the latest Radeon HD 6870 driver. I wonder if you have the stuttering (hanging) when loading maps too. Look here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1069&p=7155#p7101
  • Thanks for the reply gary! I fixed it. I went into snowberry's settings tab -> graphics and unchecked the "use texture compression" option and the stuttering went away. However, I do notice a very slight stutter but nothing like before...

:)
  • Nice, disabling "use texture compression" helped my performance significally!