Brutal Doom...

edited 2013 Jul 25 in General
Any way to use this in Doomsday? Any? I don't mind using Zdoom but well, Doomsday is great! :)

When I try and use it, I get a weird error,

R_InitTextures: Missing patch "BODIES" in texture AASTINKY

That is, when I use the Doom 1 wad, Doom 2, no error, it just doesn't work.

Comments

• I'm not familiar with this mod but I believe it is a ZDoom specific one making use of various ZDoom-derived-only feature's like DECORATE. It will therefore not be possible to play it with Doomsday.
  • Is there any way to someday make all mods 100% compatible with Doomsday?
  • With enough time and effort - yes I'm sure it would be quite possible. However, mods like Brutal Doom rely on a whole gamut of ZDoom specific features and behaviors. It would be a considerable amount of work to support such mods in Doomsday.
  • Well, maybe further down the line, you guys will. Maybe sometime after 2.0.0.
  • F***ing EPIC
  • What's epic? I guess one thing that is epic is the huge list of fixes in the latest build. I never seen a build with such a large list.
  • gary wrote:
    What's epic? I guess one thing that is epic is the huge list of fixes in the latest build. I never seen a build with such a large list.
    As weekly update promised, two development branches had been merged, hence the huge changes list.
  • Too bad this is not ported to Doomsday Engine. I'd totally play it! I can't stand sprites. :(

Maybe there is a similiar one like Brutal DOOM?
  • It would be neat to see this combined with models, especially more realistic future models.