hexen 'failed allignment check'

edited 2011 Jul 24 in Technical Support
i was playing hexen, and in the 3th hub when i tried to travel from WASTELANDS back to SHADOW WOOD doomsday suddenly closed with this error:

corrupt save game:segment[107] failed allignment check

i just came from shadow wood and went to wastelands, and when trying to go back again to shadow wood doomsday keeps crashing with the same error every time i try.

i had just saved after i went to wastelands.

attached is my doomsday.out already in case its needed

can anyone tell why its doing this? i just came from shadow wood and when i was there nothing was wrong.

EDIT: i forgot to mention im using doomsday 1.9.0-beta6.9

Comments

• This is a known issue that we intend to fix prior to the full version release of Doomsday 2.0
  • ah ok.

is there some way to get around this? cuz its kinda annoying cuz of that bug i cant go back to shadow wood and thus cant complete the game, and i dont wanna have to start all over again for the so-manyth time
  • Does using the "warp" console command work, or is it just being in the level at all?
  • no, trying to use the 'warp' command to go to the map makes doomsday crash with the same error :/

unless i first warp to a map from a previous hub, but that way i lose my progress on the hub i was at of course,
    so that pretty much kills the point of trying to get around the bug.

well, at least that way i only have to re-do the hub i was at and not start over from the first hub again :)

EDIT: erm... gave one problem though... i already had several keys, and i still have those keys after using the warp command, and thus i cant pick them up again, and so also the events that are supposed to trigger when picking them up dont trigger... is there any kind of command to take my keys away so i can pick them up again?
  • A little research would have probably allowed you to reach the conclusion that Beta 6.9 and HeXen is essentially a big no before starting.

That may change with the upcoming 1.9.7, but we shall see.

Since your on Windows, Doomsday 1.8.6 is the best version of the engine for playing the games at the moment. Again 1.9.7 may change that though.