return skyjake;

edited 2007 Nov 12 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>skyjake</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the category: Blog.</i>

Well, then.

After an exceptionally busy autumn, both at work and in Real Life, I am now beginning my Christmas holidays. I feel bad about not being available for the past couple of months, but I intend to change that now. I'm on vacation for the next three weeks, and I'm itching to do some Doomsday development. It's been a while since I've had the chance to do some coding-for-fun...

I'm still catching up on my emails and browsing through the code to see what's been going on lately. But I think we all agree that it's past time to get Beta 5 out the door. For my part, once I've gotten everything up and running again, I plan to check if any showstopper multiplayer/networking bugs are still in there, and try to fix those ASAP.

I'll be hanging around on #doomsday starting tomorrow.

Comments

• Do'th my eyes deceive me? Skyjake's back :)

Although I appreciate how busy you probably are (especially around this time of year), we were beginning to worry about you after not receiving any life-signs from you at all, in quite a while.

Please, do try to keep us informed in future. I'm not asking for daily updates though ;)

I'll try and get on #doomsday tomorrow.
  • I seriously considered you may be dead. Welcome back.
  • Thanks, and sorry about that... I'll try to be in touch in the future if similar circumstances should overwhelm me again.
  • Hmm, I think I there must be a new bug someplace. Setting a breakpoint at:
    <code>
    return skyjake;
    </code>
    ...seems to indicate that that logical branch isn't being reached. It would seem a higher-level conditional is circumventing its execution ;)