shortcuts?

edited 2009 Jul 5 in Technical Support
hey doomsday dudes and dudetts!

I just downloaded 1.9.0 beta5, installed some addons and am having a good time. I long while ago I used 1.8.6 i believe and also had a good time, just more of the random (and catchy) "SEGMENTATION VIOLATION". anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knew how to make individual shortcuts for each game so I don't need to use the snowberry frontend evey time. I got shortcuts working with kickstart, but from what i can tell, this is a different animal.

also, though i'll probably need to post a new thread for this question, but is anybody having issues with the resource pack? imp fireballs, blood, and other things are just colored squares. when blood spills and fades away, instead of being a splash shape its just a few squares. I also noticed in order for these addons to take effect i have to enable 3d models in the control panel. I don't play with the 3d models so luckily with 1.1 alpha I'm able to choose which effects i want to use. I'm still trying to adjust to snowberry from using kisckstart (which i really had no problems with, just a lot of crashes...all the time...)

so if anyone could help me out that'd be badass.

PEACE

EDIT:
ok, so like a non-dumbass i installed 1.9.0 beta6.3 and the blood/fireball issue went away for some reason. yay!

EDIT:
I think i might just go back to 1.8.6, with this latest release I'm experiencing many new problems, namely a face melting 3 fps, non-happening addons, etc.

Comments

• Well you can start Doomsday via command line arguments. Here's a sample from my ~/.bash_aliases (adds high-res texture pack and sets resolution)

alias jdoom2="doomsday -game jdoom -iwad ~/iwad/doom2.wad -file ~/iwad/deng/jdtp-20081108.pk3 -width 1280 -height 800 -bpp 32"

Adapted to a Windows setup, create shortcut, and edit its settings customized to your requirements, and to Doomsday's actual location and EXE name, which I have probably got wrong. :)

"C:\Program Files\Doomsday\Doomday.exe -game {jdoom | jheretic | jhexen} -iwad <path>"

Also set working path to:
    "C:\Program Files\Doomsday"
  • dude, nice! worked like a charm, thanks bro.