Jdoom Multiplayer

Ok so my friend and I want to play Jdoom online so we did, and I'm able to join. So when I join, on my screen, he's not moving at all, he stands still, and on his screen, Im doing the same thing. We both can't shoot, or open doors, we can only walk and run, thats it. We are both using Doomsday Kickstart 1.8.6. We tried the newest Doomsday Engine but I don't like Engine, to many problems on my computer, so I stick with Kickstart. So any know how to fix this? My controls r fine, but whats going on?

Comments

• I am that friend, so I am hosting the game, 13209 tcp and udp ports are open. I can participate the game, but the clint side can´t. We also don´t see other´s movement. The client site player can move, but now shooting or doors opening. Host game player can shoot, open doors and play by himself, but doesn´t see the client player movement at all, just standing still.
  • Doomsday multiplayer is broken in the 1.9 beta's
    to play multiplayer you should be using deng 1.8.6
  • KuriKai wrote:
    Doomsday multiplayer is broken in the 1.9 beta's

Yes, we do both use 1.8.6
  • KuriKai wrote:
    Doomsday multiplayer is broken in the 1.9 beta's
    We just said that. We both use it
  • This problem typically occurs when the client hasn't opened the correct ports. Both TCP and UDP must be open for communication on the specified port.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    This problem typically occurs when the client hasn't opened the correct ports. Both TCP and UDP must be open for communication on the specified port.

Okay, that´s new for me, that also client needs to open the ports, but we will try to do this. Thanks!
  • Is it possible to use 3D textures in 1.8.6?