Doomsdays is so amazing it's hard to go back to GZDoom

I'm finding it hard to go back to GZDoom despite all the mod support. It's just that Doomsday is so much more polished and vanilla friendly. Also I can't explain why but DD seems to have a better lighting system than GZD. I tried to replicate it but I just can't get anything to GZD to look as good as DD

Comments

• welcome.

lucky. im trying to get it too stop crashing on me each time i load the wads folder an mods folder.
  • welcome.

lucky. im trying to get it too stop crashing on me each time i load the wads folder an mods folder.

I haven't had it crash on me from that, I've had it crash when loading incompatible mods and GZDoom will do the same thing.
  • edited 2021 Feb 16
    Magmarock wrote: »
    welcome.

I haven't had it crash on me from that, I've had it crash when loading incompatible mods and GZDoom will do the same thing.

really? interesting. the only thing im doing its when i create a mods an wads sub folder via selecting configure data setting. then it crashes. even after setting up video an audio settings too.

then usually add the main wads such as: Heretic, hexen, hexdd, rekkr, plutonia, tnt, master levels, doom an doom 2, perdition gate wad, oblivion wad an etc,

for mods: duke nukem 3d, aliens eradication tc trilogy, castlevania, doom music packs, terminator future war but doesn't work unforunately anymore:(, wolf 3d by afadoomer, zbloody hell an etc.
  • finally works, lol.

i downlaod the setup from sourceforge this time. it works now.
  • Magmarock wrote: »
    welcome.

really? interesting. the only thing im doing its when i create a mods an wads sub folder via selecting configure data setting. then it crashes. even after setting up video an audio settings too.

then usually add the main wads such as: Heretic, hexen, hexdd, rekkr, plutonia, tnt, master levels, doom an doom 2, perdition gate wad, oblivion wad an etc,

for mods: duke nukem 3d, aliens eradication tc trilogy, castlevania, doom music packs, terminator future war but doesn't work unforunately anymore:(, wolf 3d by afadoomer, zbloody hell an etc.

How do you get master levels to work with Doomsday, I've wanted that myself since they are not megawads
    Magmarock wrote: »
    welcome.

How do you get master levels to work with Doomsday, I've wanted that myself since they are not megawads

so far adding them as a pk3 file wont work. i tried. it crashes the software.

as far i remember you can probably load them one at a time. but that could too much. so you can try maybe putting them as a wad file?
  • i did tried wadsmoosh. couldnt load the other menu episodes for doom_complete.pk3. idk if your allowed to change the complete file to wad instead of pk3.

so the only other two options is loading the wads one by one or as a all in one file. some did made those. i doubt they can work though. you can try those as well.
  • i did tried wadsmoosh. couldnt load the other menu episodes for doom_complete.pk3. idk if your allowed to change the complete file to wad instead of pk3.

so the only other two options is loading the wads one by one or as a all in one file. some did made those. i doubt they can work though. you can try those as well.

I've never heard of wadsmoosh until now. Looks like it's a program to combine all the wads into one pk3 file. It says it will work with zdoom. That might be part of the reason.
  • Yeah the PK3 generated by WadSmoosh is very much ZDoom-only.

Doomsday's PK3s use a different structure. Also, WadSmooth relies on ZDoom's extended mapinfo feature to define the additional episodes.

I tried it out just now but couldn't get it to crash... The PK3 was loaded but of course its contents were not recognized so it was ignored.
    i did tried wadsmoosh. couldnt load the other menu episodes for doom_complete.pk3. idk if your allowed to change the complete file to wad instead of pk3.

I've never heard of wadsmoosh until now. Looks like it's a program to combine all the wads into one pk3 file. It says it will work with zdoom. That might be part of the reason.

im not sure how else or what to do to get master levels working. but the perdition gate one works though.
  • edited 2021 Feb 19
    ok. so i tried the master levels turning the pk3 file to wad works. but it gives you an untitled episode.

http://maniacsvault.net/projects

this site is where i found turning all master level wads into one file with the secret exit restored.

look for unofficial master levels for doom 2 patch.