Feature request on jumping

I think Doomsday really is the best source port for playing Doom engine games vanilla.

Sometimes I forget which games you are supposed to be able to jump in, so I would like to request a feature.

A warning text that appears next to the setting “Allow jumping” to remind players that this can break the games puzzles.

That’s it. A clear notice so you know what games you’re supposed to be able to jump in.

Comments

• The jumping option was only added to Doom and Heretic that originally did not allow jumping, so whenever you see the option, it means enabling it may cause unintended side effects.

Therefore I think a warning label is a bit overkill.

On a more general level, there should be better communication and management of the default settings in game menus. I believe there's already a feature request about that in the tracker.
  • edited 2021 Feb 7
    skyjake wrote: »
    The jumping option was only added to Doom and Heretic that originally did not allow jumping, so whenever you see the option, it means enabling it may cause unintended side effects.

Therefore I think a warning label is a bit overkill.

On a more general level, there should be better communication and management of the default settings in game menus. I believe there's already a feature request about that in the tracker.

Thanks for getting back to me. :smile: When it comes to GZdoom not only does it have jumping on by default it even lets you turn it off for Hexen :open_mouth:

Is this where you go to track everything https://tracker.dengine.net/projects/deng/roadmap
  • Is this where you go to track everything
    Yep that's the bug and feature request tracker. The Roadmap is somewhat of a to-do list so it can and will change depending on circumstances.
  • skyjake wrote: »
    Is this where you go to track everything
    Yep that's the bug and feature request tracker. The Roadmap is somewhat of a to-do list so it can and will change depending on circumstances.

Just something I wish to point out. The weapons sprites are still getting stretched for me even when 1 to 2 is selected.