Hexen Neural Texture Pack

edited 2022 Apr 15 in Addons for Hexen
Hexen Neural Texture Pack | Heretic Neural Texture Pack

ij3deikulu1r.jpg

Hexen Neural Texture Pack
Next work will also be directed to bring the new look of original textures from Hexen. The main purpose is preservation of details and lack of third-party modifications, only close view of what was conceived by designers since the beginning. No intervention, only the original.

Release date: 25.09.2021
Version: 4.0 Final
File size: 328 Mb
Download

Examples of textures
2owetg9e0729.jpg
hfo9znipfuer.jpg
2jryp1yqebh5.jpg
inoiqlcua9ro.jpg
n87xiqa7u0d3.jpg
zkw4s8556gxt.jpg
0nk7lnuwa06e.jpg

Examples of weapons
5hhwwrqbevru.jpg
j6gxx821qlft.jpg
8s7cstaa0yly.jpg
necbhuln48od.jpg
7qaiofnglq8h.jpg

Examples of enemys
fy3upspybcz0.jpg
ic2i7t0cipxp.jpg
vexa49sxhnou.jpg
h5oy0fprm5u6.jpg
2mdi8tz649vp.jpg

Screenshots
hexen-textures-hd-n00.jpg.a509c38a031da65c44c57e2ab06d23cf.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n01.jpg.1e803002a0999862c2f1ba8cb48b759f.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n02.jpg.da793481f5037d6927145f23299c24f3.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n03.jpg.b384ead005bbcc60cf9284f843cd8ba1.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n04.jpg.8cb1abd5a681c17d972213852fe72d2c.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n05.jpg.05eb744a5a578257781c7f2cae3c2c52.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n06.jpg.0af1d398ba7a5343e85709109a43c525.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n07.jpg.42978913c7f8026498c8a9c6444d0b1e.jpg
hexen-textures-hd-n08.jpg.6d13608b1faa5bc962d5d2e447d34b42.jpg

Comments

• Good stuff! :+1:
  • Wow, Looks really good! <3
  • Some screenshots
    t8gnozfh77n4.jpg
    ajrxgqoe0u7o.jpg
    daadj9vtadsg.jpg
    9eoxzb4kc2g5.jpg
    vac14d4fjtea.jpg
    5f8036f3xchu.jpg
    ctr8mpusb1md.jpg
    l39p8id7raiy.jpg

• Nice work indeed!
  • Looks Very Good and could not be more original!

If you wish a bit of a challenge using a Neural AI look at Doom64 Absolution (the stand-alone version) it has very pixelated textures and sprits. The Doom64 that can run under Doomsday had many HD textures added but at present it has many critical switches and doors that will not work, so, you will have to cheat to move along.

Thanks for your hard work and for sharing!
  • Main post updated with new ver.
  • edited 2019 Mar 8
    w38i0a9hjgem.png Old one

9ruybvf28ip0.png New one

8vx62yrmbojn.png Alternate

• This is awesome. Looks so much better than all the hires packs that were fan created. Thank you.
  • If you are having low FPS problems in Hexen substituting the Hexen_ds.pks Neural enhancement pack in place of an HD pack (e.g. the excellent Hexen Authentic Recourse Pack (XARP) v0.13) will give you about a 35+ FPS boost in framerate.
  • very nice pack!
  • A question: Can this be used in conjunction with the existing XARP resource pack.

Do disrespect at all to your work, which looks absolutely amazing, but I'm just one of those people who prefers 3D models over sprites.

The problem is there's no models for Wendigo, Heresiarch, Stalker or Quietus HUD weapon in the XARP.

I was wondering if there were some way of combining the two packs to get the 3D models in the XARP plus your high res Stalker, Wendigo, Heresiarch and Quietus models?

Not certain about the textures, as I don't how your pack will overwrite the existing XARP textures, and your textures might be better... would need some way of comparing the two.
  • A question: Can this be used in conjunction with the existing XARP resource pack.

Latest version of doomsday has next queue of loading packages: from top to bottom in the list

So, easiest way to solve your problem is just to load Neural pack first, and XARP second

About "how to select better instance for each texture" - there is no easy ways, an you will be forced to compare them one by one and to remove "worst" instances from the packs at all

Especially for me, I created a package, where only best textures (from my point of view) are exists. And for some textures, when I liked 2 or more instances, I created separate packages. So any time I can select different hires example for each texture

Yes, there is no Neural packages in my texture pakages because I did this long time ago (so I need to do this again in future, so I will add Neural variants to all preferred textures and sprites)

Ans yes, my packages are not ready for public internet sharing because of this: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/103770-hexen-neural-texture-pack/?do=findComment&comment=1971094

• That works perfectly thank you. I know what you mean about the textures, but to be honest I'll just leave things as they are for simplicity. There's a few gaps in the old XARP, and the Neural Pack fills in those gaps.

So good to be able to play without having to put up with lo res sprites for those enemy types. I guess the only remaining 'lo res' things in the game are the player models, which you'll encounter in the final act.

I don't imagine anyone will ever complete the missing models in my lifetime, and so I suspect that the XARP + Centaur and Ettin Pack + Neural Pack is now the most 'complete' version of Hexen it's possible to play.

Thanks for your help, and thanks also to Grandgreed for all his excellent work.
  • This is really cool!
  • edited 2019 Apr 25
    Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Neural Texture Pack for Hexen, when I try to launch Hexen with it, entire Doomsday crash and it gave me this error message:

myehovikvsd4.png

afomz3arh1jt.png

Every other mods runs just fine, for example, the Neural Texture Pack for Heretic, and the Doomsday engine itself, so I think the problem is in the Neural Texture pack for Hexen, any suggestions please?

Win10, DE version 2.1.1, Stable build 2967, 32 bit, tried also 64-bit version, but same crash

Thanks in advance.
  • Finally Hexen gets the hd treatment it deserves! Only took 20 years lol. Maybe in another 20 we will get a complete 3d remake.

• Hi Grandgreed, FYI, there is a doom neural texture pack being developed by flamepanther. The project is on the Addons for Doom message board - it would be great if you could get in touch with him and collaborate / share your incredible and valuable insights in making your jawdropping Hexen neural texture pack which I absolutely LOVE!! Best regards, Mark
  • morklii wrote: »
    Hi Grandgreed, FYI, there is a doom neural texture pack being developed by flamepanther. The project is on the Addons for Doom message board - it would be great if you could get in touch with him and collaborate / share your incredible and valuable insights in making your jawdropping Hexen neural texture pack which I absolutely LOVE!! Best regards, Mark

I am curious to know exactly what tools GrandGreed used. But Hexen and Doom have very different art styles, so methods that work well for Hexen may not work well for Doom.
  • Hi, I have just tried to run the new pack uploaded a couple of days ago and I now get the same error message as VenomSK posted on 26 April 2019. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • I think you uploaded your texture pack for GZDoom twice instead of one for Doomsday and one for GZDoom. At least your page on nexusmods shows GZDoom pack twice and none for Doomsday.
  • I think you uploaded your texture pack for GZDoom twice instead of one for Doomsday and one for GZDoom. At least your page on nexusmods shows GZDoom pack twice and none for Doomsday.
    Mod link updated. Big thanks for your attention and sorry for mistake.
  • Huh, I notice the texture that has the demon face in a circle, the original has quite a bit of green/moss all around it, the neural upscale seems to lack this completely.
  • Grandgreed - congratulations on releasing the final version of the Hexen mod! A great achievement.
  • Grandgreed - it looks like FlamePanther's Doom Neural Upscale Project is dead. Now that you have most successfully completed your Hexen project, any chance you would start a similar project for Doom? If so, that would be AMAZING news!!
  • morklii wrote: »
    Grandgreed - it looks like FlamePanther's Doom Neural Upscale Project is dead. Now that you have most successfully completed your Hexen project, any chance you would start a similar project for Doom? If so, that would be AMAZING news!!

and also for strife
  • edited 2021 Sep 28
    theleo_ua - WTF?