Missing File

I just downloaded the latest zip version of Doomsday Engine 2.2.2 and set up the program. When I start the program, the terminates with the following error:

y0q607zaach6.jpg

I looked in the folder and find out the the missing file persist.pack was missing. Is there any way to find this file and install the missing file.

Comments

• persist.pack is created and updated by Doomsday itself, so you can't manually install it. It contains configuration settings like the current game window placement.

You could try renaming the "runtime" folder to "runtime.old" and see if Doomsday can recreate it for you correctly.
  • edited 2020 Apr 10
    skyjake wrote: »
    persist.pack is created and updated by Doomsday itself, so you can't manually install it. It contains configuration settings like the current game window placement.

You could try renaming the "runtime" folder to "runtime.old" and see if Doomsday can recreate it for you correctly.

I'll try it as soon as I can. I'll edit this response with the results as soon as I'm able. Thanks for the suggestion skyjake.

Addendum (Edited on Friday, April 10, 2020 at 08:20)
    This worked perfectly dude. I appreciate it. I would like to thank you personally. :smile: