How do i add master levels to Doomsday 2.2? i have the 1996 versions.

edited 2019 Dec 30 in DOOM
I'm trying to figured it out on how to add master levels on doomsday. how do i do it?

i already have sigil episode 5 added since all you do is select the wad file. But, how do i add master levels?

Oh, I have already selected them all in order and tried creating a profile for it, but won't work. what do i do?

Also, can you add support for using the character with the mouse movement please?what about controller support? i have xbox one s version.

There is cross warning each time i load doom wads especially for music remastered type wads. can you fix those issues?

lastly, can mods like simon destiny be supported and such? what about wadsmoosh? are wolfendoom mods supported?

thank you.

Comments

• how to add master levels on doomsday. how do i do it?
    I recommend playing the Master Levels this way.

First, set up your "DOOM 2: Hell of Earth" profile as you prefer, with/without additional resource packs, etc. You will be using this profile for the master levels, too.

Then, go to the Mods tab in the game library.
    pcm2swr1e5zq.jpg

Type "masterlevels" to the search box to list only the Master Levels. Doomsday automatically gives this tag to all the Master Level PWADs.

Right-click on the PWAD you would like to play. A popup appears showing information about the PWAD.
    bzep77vr6gbe.jpg

Click the "Play in..." button in the bottom left corner. This shows a list of your game profiles.
    g3zemt0jtnl1.jpg

Select "DOOM 2: Hell of Earth" from the list.

Doomsday will then load the DOOM 2 profile and the chosen Master Levels PWAD. A new episode gets added to the New Game menu, containing just the chosen PWAD. You can select that to start the game.

If/when you save a game using one of these PWADs, Doomsday will remember that and when you later load the game, a dialog will appear for conveniently loading the right PWAD even if you are running the plain DOOM 2 profile without any PWADs.

ALTERNATIVE METHOD:

It is also possible to create a separate game profile for each Master Level, but that is quite a lot of work so I don't recommend it. However, the advantage of this method is that you can configure the game to start directly in the map provided by the PWAD.

You would basically make duplicates of the DOOM 2 profile, and in each duplicate, select one of the Master Level PWADs as a mod to load. The start map can be specified when editing the profile.
    can you add support for using the character with the mouse movement please?
    Not quite sure what you mean, but you can bind player movement controls to mouse X/Y using the game's Controls menu.
    what about controller support? i have xbox one s version
    Game controllers are supported. You should check out Input Setting when a game is loaded. You may need to manually bind the buttons and axes of the controller to something that makes sense to you using the Controls menu.
    There is cross warning each time i load doom wads especially for music remastered type wads. can you fix those issues?
    What does the warning say?
    can mods like simon destiny be supported and such? what about wadsmoosh? are wolfendoom mods supported?
    You can generally load mods that work in vanilla DOOM. DeHackEd patches are also supported.

Boom/ZDoom features are not supported.
  • skyjake wrote: »
    how to add master levels on doomsday. how do i do it?
    I recommend playing the Master Levels this way.

First, set up your "DOOM 2: Hell of Earth" profile as you prefer, with/without additional resource packs, etc. You will be using this profile for the master levels, too.

Then, go to the Mods tab in the game library.
    pcm2swr1e5zq.jpg

Type "masterlevels" to the search box to list only the Master Levels. Doomsday automatically gives this tag to all the Master Level PWADs.

Right-click on the PWAD you would like to play. A popup appears showing information about the PWAD.
    bzep77vr6gbe.jpg

Click the "Play in..." button in the bottom left corner. This shows a list of your game profiles.
    g3zemt0jtnl1.jpg

Select "DOOM 2: Hell of Earth" from the list.

Doomsday will then load the DOOM 2 profile and the chosen Master Levels PWAD. A new episode gets added to the New Game menu, containing just the chosen PWAD. You can select that to start the game.

If/when you save a game using one of these PWADs, Doomsday will remember that and when you later load the game, a dialog will appear for conveniently loading the right PWAD even if you are running the plain DOOM 2 profile without any PWADs.

ALTERNATIVE METHOD:

It is also possible to create a separate game profile for each Master Level, but that is quite a lot of work so I don't recommend it. However, the advantage of this method is that you can configure the game to start directly in the map provided by the PWAD.

You would basically make duplicates of the DOOM 2 profile, and in each duplicate, select one of the Master Level PWADs as a mod to load. The start map can be specified when editing the profile.
    can you add support for using the character with the mouse movement please?
    Not quite sure what you mean, but you can bind player movement controls to mouse X/Y using the game's Controls menu.
    what about controller support? i have xbox one s version
    Game controllers are supported. You should check out Input Setting when a game is loaded. You may need to manually bind the buttons and axes of the controller to something that makes sense to you using the Controls menu.
    What does the warning say?
    can mods like simon destiny be supported and such? what about wadsmoosh? are wolfendoom mods supported?
    You can generally load mods that work in vanilla DOOM. DeHackEd patches are also supported.

Boom/ZDoom features are not supported.

i tried doing what you suggested on the master levels, it still doesn't show the episode of master levels. does it matter what order the master levels are in or? But, i have been able to play the first level so far for a little bit. what am i dooign wrong for not showing the episode under hell on earth?

the error is: "0.5<=view-cross-width<=5" any idea what that means?

im glad the controller is supported, thats good.

as for mouse movement, you know how you can look up and down for the mouse, some reason it wont let you move the mouse with the mouse movement of the character like you do in gzdoom. i guess i may have gotten to use to gzdoom, lol.

i tried loading simon destiny, but it won't let me. it won't show. the file is a ipk3. can i change it or bad idea?
  • so looks like i gotten the controls for doomsday figured it out and i got controller support figured it out. so mouse movement for moving the player is no longer a problem.

still need help with master levels, simon destiny, wolfendoom and etc to load in.

have you or someone figured it out on the issue with the cross error i was mentioning?
  • edited 2020 Jan 2
    The console releases of the master levels arrange them as an episode for ease of use, but on PC they were originally a series of indivual pwads.
  • Vermil wrote: »
    The console releases of the master levels arrange them as an episode for ease of use, but on PC they were originally a series of indivual pwads.

so is there a way to tell on how to play them in order or no? or do i just go play them in release date order?
  • edited 2020 Jan 4
    skyjake wrote: »

cool, thanks. that helps.

nevermind on the episode issue, i found the file masterlevels.wad for doom 2. it was on the wad archive site. took me awhile to find it and now i have it.

any idea how to get castlevania mod simon destiny supported for doomsday 2.2? what about wolfendoom?
  • edited 2020 Jan 5
    nevermind on wolfendoom type wads. i realize they are all wads regardless. my mistake.

But, how do i get castlevania simon destiny mod to load with doomsday engine 2.2? can i change the file to any file? if so, will that work? does this run under ultimate doom?

its a ipk3 file by the way.

thanks for all your guys help. is 2.3 stable yet or no? when will that version be launched? how long will it take for wolf 3d to work with doomsday 2.2?

Also, are there source codes available for the following games: half life, serious sam, Duke nukem 3d, Doom 3, halo ce, wolfenstein return to castle(2001), jedi knight outcast and etc.

i know doom 3 can be played on the computer, but it gives me a error code 1625. what does that mean? compatibility issue? i know halo ce is playable, but i wonder if the maps can be translated to doomsday engine 2.2 or 2.3?i can no longer play wolfenstein return to castle different issue though, wolfen.cfg disappears for me. so i wonder if the maps can be translated as well? jedi knight outcast would be interesting to play as well.

if all of these are possible?