DHMP (DOOM High-res Model Project)

Comments

• perfect, thankyou
  • Oh, the build script, like that, I completely did not expect simply the build script, because who goes to output stuff to the build script, you'd want to keep it intact an unchanged in my experience.

I'm pretty sure it's unchanged; I don't see any hint of comments and error messages and the last sentence is:

rm -r $BASE_PATH/doomsday
  • running the build script in a terminal will output the information.
    does git for windows output a log somewhere?
  • Not that I can tell; I've been looking around and found a command line parameter, "git log", with other parameters but that doesn't work at all. I give the comment to output a log to a txt file as mentioned in a help topic, but all git says then "not a git depository".

Running the build script doesn't seem to create a depository, so...
  • can you make a video of you building the pack?
  • @skyjake thanks for the clipping changes, is there a way in the dei to adjust the fov for the weapon?
  • No, there is no dei setting for that. Do you see a need for it?
  • Yeah It would help to be able to match the sprites. would each hud model be able to have it's own fov or would that be too hard? I'm not sure if fov 95 is the correct setting, i'll do some tests comparing them tot he sprites
  • does the issue happen if you build a medium or low version of the pack?
  • Yep, it doesn't matter which quality I pick, the issue occurs always.
  • edited 2020 Jan 14
    @skyjake I have found the "rend-model-fov 55" gets the shotgun i'm working quite close to the sprite58sn2o66picu.png

I'm using the same model that will be used for the pickup

EDIT: @skyjake also, how many armatures can be loaded with one model?
  • Wip shotgun double barrel shotgun and plasma gun
  • edited 2020 Jan 22
    KuriKai wrote: »
    @skyjake I have found the "rend-model-fov 55" gets the shotgun i'm working quite close to the sprite

I'm using the same model that will be used for the pickup

EDIT: @skyjake also, how many armatures can be loaded with one model?
    Ok, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to add a per-model FOV setting for the psprite models. Here's an issue to track this: https://tracker.dengine.net/issues/2405

I suppose by armatures you mean the maximum number of bones in the model skeleton? The shader has a limit of 64 unique bones per model. Not sure if Assimp/FBX has some limitations, too.
  • I love the new Cyberdemon model, but it isn't in the pack yet, and I haven't seen any new updates for it in the last year or two. Is there any way to view a 3D preview of the model, like an FBX, blend, or Marmoset scene?
  • I'm having a few issues with getting smoke style effects looking good ingame. The shotguns only have a few more tweaks to do so they look accurate you can go to github and download the uncompiled packs, and open them in blender.
  • 3DMaster wrote: »
    There's a DHMP-doomsday.sh file in the build directory, I double click that. The script starts running in a window, old-school DOS/command prompt colors, I have to choose quality settings, I pick S (src), which is the highest setting, should I look a directory higher I see the Doomsday directory that the instructions tell me I should eventually zip up being created; but when the script stops and the window automatically closes, the doomsday directory is deleted again.

I have the same problem. The doomsday folder genrated during build process is at least deleted. During build there seem to be some errors (no file / Directory....

Tried buildung it with git for windows....
  • try use wsl2
  • Uh, you have a tutorial/how to do it/link?
  • Linux in a virtual machine, specifically with a version two of the software that it will run on top of?

How about instead we get a pre-built version?
  • KuriKai wrote: »
    ry0u76pdvg95.png

You can find a real picture of the medic here:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-QSBSZNb/0/O/i-QSBSZNb-O.jpg

• P.Marlowe wrote: »

I have the same problem. The doomsday folder genrated during build process is at least deleted. During build there seem to be some errors (no file / Directory....

Tried buildung it with git for windows....

I found the problem and solution.
    Using GIT on Windows with Windows CMD lacks support of ZIP without further do.

Adding ZIP Extension to mingw64/bin (ZIP.EXE and BZip2.dll) und using the Git-Bash instead of cmd works without errors in generating the files.

Or using a full Linux system works like a charm.

Regards

Phil

• Nope, I had already installed the zip extension; that does not remove the problem.
  • try wsl2 for windows
  • Are people still working on models for the dhmp (or textures for dhtp) .... ?
  • I'm waiting for new particle enhancements for doomsday, as some models require that(they won't look good without them)
  • 3DMaster wrote: »
    Nope, I had already installed the zip extension; that does not remove the problem.

Did you use the GIT Bash, instead of Windows CMD? And placed the DLL into the correct BIN folder?
  • Yes, I found an installation guide and followed it to the letter; it also works fine with the texture project, but the model project will not finish.