doomsday launcher not working help please

edited 2019 Jul 6 in General
so i installed doomsday and i used the launcher and i had no problems everything was normal and i wanted to play DOOM with the engine so i got the folder that has doom 1 and 2 wads and gzdoom stuff and the launcher crashed so i was gonna launch it again so i can un select the gzdoom folder but i cant it sayszlzxqezi31lm.jpg
i tryed re installing it but no luck i even used the msi type but it didnt fix it any help? please comment the solution

Comments

• please comment the solution please
  • Try deleting your runtime folder. It is in the (hidden) location: c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Deng Team\Doomsday Engine\runtime

This will reset the data file settings to the default configuration.
  • edited 2019 Jun 22
    i did it and it fix the problem but now it saysskh2oug6v816.jpg
    i dunno what to do and it has also something related to steam cuz i saw steam in the details
  • Check out the log file: AppData\Local\Deng Team\Doomsday Engine\runtime\doomsday.out

If you rename it to "doomsday.txt" you can attach it here on the forums.

Perhaps in the log file there is some clue as to what the problem could be. You say Doomsday was working for you before? Usually OpenGL errors are resolved by updating your video card drivers and/or rebooting.
  • edited 2019 Jun 24
    yes it was working before and the opengl problem doesnt happen to me in other games for example half life 1 it has 2 options d3d and opengl when i choose opengl it works fine even in doom and gzdoom and my card is up to date and it has something related to steam as well
  • here is the log file
    Application path: E:\New folder (2)\New folder\barney\bms\doomsday_2.2.0-build3072_x64\
    doomsday_2.2.0-build3072_x64\bin\Doomsday.exe
    Version: 2.2 (unstable build 3072)
    Created a new 32.0 MB memory volume.
    [Config::read] Detected new build: 2967 => 3072
    Detected new release: [ 2, 1, 1, 2967 ] => [ 2, 2, 0, 3072 ]
    Clearing cached metadata due to version change
    Detected SteamApps path: d:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common
    Executable: Doomsday Engine 2.2.0 [#3072] (Unstable 64-bit) Jun 1 2019 15:07:40
    Command line options:
    0: E:\New folder (2)\New folder\barney\bms\doomsday_2.2.0-build3072_x64\
    doomsday_2.2.0-build3072_x64\bin\Doomsday.exe
    Identified 286 data bundles in 1.1 seconds
    [RenderSystem > PackageLoader] Loading shader definitions from archive entry "renderer.pack/
    shaders.dei" from archive in "(basedir)\data\net.dengine.client.pack"
    Loading shader definitions from archive entry "renderer.pack/
    lensflares.pack/shaders.dei" from archive in "(basedir)\data\net.dengine.client.pack"
    (in GLInfo::init) Failed to initialize OpenGL
    Application terminated due to exception:
    (in GLInfo::init) Failed to initialize OpenGL

[PackageLoader] Unloading 7 packages
    Restoring original display mode due to shutdown
    Z_Shutdown: Used 1 volumes, total 33554432 bytes.