DHTP (DOOM high resolution texture project)

Comments

• Thank you for informing! - much appreciated!
    I'm working on the sky, the others are ready. At the moment I have a fever, but that's hopefully gone tomorrow. I'll make it a point to upload them tomorrow.
    Thanks again for asking. With the limited interest in my intermediate social environment work on Doom gets often pushed back in favour of video, photo's etc. Winston.Smith2 is my skype user name (Netherlands), love to have a chat with a person as dedicated as you. Thank you!
  • It may be quiet here, but the work is definitely appreciated.
  • https://we.tl/4VNdz2JMnG

It took me a while but I think it looks nice and faithful to the originals.
  • edited 2017 Dec 28
    @kars

Extremely well done!

I don't have skype but I have google hangouts, do you have that?

I'll go through the other gstone textures later this evening using your base gstone1

Then I will release a new pack

What permissions do people have with your textures? may i suggest...
    You MAY use/edit Kars Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you give credit.
    As this fits in with most other textures
    *)You MAY use/edit Chilvence's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you give credit.
    *)You MAY use/edit KuriKai's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit as ONLY IF you give credit.
    *)You MAY use/edit Freelanzer's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you credit him with Real name (Jacob Østergaard), email address(freelanzer@gmail.com).
    *)You MAY use/edit DaniJ's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit.
    *)You MAY use/edit Reinchard's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you give credit.
    *)You MAY use/edit Tea Monster's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you give credit.
    *)You MAY use [MR_ROCKET's, Mr.Rocket's] Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you credit him with Real name (Ron Goode).
    *)You MAY use/edit [MR_ROCKET's, Mr.Rocket's] SPACEW2 Texture ONLY IF you give credit.
    *)You MAY use/edit Doomenator's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit.
  • Thanks! - I think asking for a credit is enough :)
    I also plan on doing the Bfall.
    I've just made a google hangout account: iemandanders77@gmail.com
    Now I'm wondering how to search for other users..
  • I'm working on a few more textures, some that currently annoy me because of colours, alignment and compatibility with my brightmaps (relocated the lights on the door). I'll post a link when I've done the other tekgren walls.
    amayqdh2875j.png
    nbb3m6ygrmat.png
    uhtdd5njfgta.png
    ivnkcbc6q6v8.png
    t2it8zwgd1lk.png
    Oh and the last one is off cause the new city sky2, that cost me a lot of hours to get it close to the original. I've kept the clouds below the top, so the black fills the sky above.
    As you see I've recreated the buildings in front, fires etc. The original seemed to have mirrored the buildings to fill in the lower part of the texture.

Happy new year!
  • @kars

Are you able to create gstone2? and also export the "blood layer" as a seperate png as that layer is used on other textures too
  • @kars

If you want to, feel free to use this baron i did for the dead baron gstone texture
    e24huw9snz48.png

I still ahve the gimp xcf file if you want it
  • I'm to friends for a couple of days, but I'll make GStone2. How do you like the Tekgren wall? I think I want to make the green a tad more saturated.
  • looks good, though the light looks too clean for the grungy look the wall has.
    Also the black strip near the bottom will need some gradients on the left and right sides of it
  • Ok, here is SP_dude6:6ethtagh4vng.png
  • Hi Kurikai, I did some work on tekgren today, hope you like it. Initially I did not get you about the black strip needing gradients on the sides, now I believe I do. Re-imagining this wall I think of that black bar as a ventilation slid. Also when the texture is repeated I don't like to see a continues black line. What do you think. Maybe show me what you actually mean if you think I misunderstood.
    ue35cz31wcsg.png
  • @kars

yeah the light doesn't stand out so much now

Can you lighten the baron? it's best not to paint shadows on the textures (future proofs them more)
  • Awesome,

I have now uploaded most of the textures to github, and they will be in the next release https://github.com/KuriKai/DHTP/commit/035302ba025a589e021a26904467cd868d57e33f

Once there is the new gstone2. I can release the new pavk. Well done Kars
  • Love to complete the remake of the tek textures too.
  • thx for the additions kars :)

@KuriKai Is dengine capable of using normal, height and bump-maps etc. ?
  • Nah, it's not capable of that yet
    It can do shine maps and texture light maps
  • @kars
    Hey Kars,

How's that gstone2 texture coming along? if you are busy, i can attempt to create it
  • Hello,
    i'm very impressed by the Doomsday engine project. Finally i can play one of my favorite games of all times again. I'd like to use the High Res textures, but i can't dl them. I tried the Megaapp, the addon for Firefox and even Chrome. Nothing worked. Is there another way to get this texture pack, maybe a torrent or another dl server instead of Mega? Please help me. Thanky you very much!

Regards,
    DOOMster
  • I just tried downloading and it worked, can you go through the steps you are doing?
  • I'll try it, but be warned, english isn't my first language.
    First, i opened the dl link at your Github site, i started the dl and it always stopped at a bit more than 34%. After a little research on the internet i found a Mega app and an addon for Firefox. First i have dl'ed and installed the app, after that i started the app and tried to open the dl link on your Github site again, but the site won't open anymore. After a restart of my computer i have installed the addon for Firefox and after the dl has started, it broke again. Even a try with Chrome couldn't help, Chrome was mentioned at Mega itself.
    That made me come here and ask for a torrent or an alternative one click hoster. Btw,
    i'd like to know, why don't you share your impressive textures with a torrent? Wouldn't that be easier for everyone (and maybe faster)?
    Thank you!!!
  • why should torrent be better, that needed some shares it all the time.

Since the download uses the "one click save all to memory"-mega.nz you could use to avoid the memory problem jDownloader or most of the other.

Better would be to use the release system on github, but i think that would be to nice.
  • I think google drive is the best for file sharing like these
  • I've been very busy working, but I managed to do 1 texture today:
    ps2hpnxmesk4.png
  • very nice...thx
  • Thank you Jack!
    Do you know where the overview is for the remaining Doom1-2 textures to be done?
  • I remember seeing a website some years (or decades ;) ) ago, where the original sprite was compared the replacement. Dunno the name of if this site stills exits.....
  • edited 2018 Sep 11
    https://github.com/KuriKai/DHTP/tree/master/textures

look for the "###.placeholder" filenames

@kars I have also just uploaded the gstone2 texture into github
  • edited 2018 Sep 16
    KuriKai wrote: »
    https://github.com/KuriKai/DHTP/tree/master/textures

look for the "###.placeholder" filenames

@kars I have also just uploaded the gstone2 texture into github

Thank you!