Dengine 1.86 or 1.88 for Linux

Where can I get the source files for either of these versions or a distro-independent package, like tar.gz? I use Manjaro so I can't use deb or rpm packages, and I really want to try out "Wrath of Magic" addon, which only works with these versions (according to its developers' page).

Comments

• I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question (in that case could you please tell me where to ask it?), but when I try compiling this version, I get a series of errors with "lvalue required as left operand of assignment". What can I do about it?
  • I just tried compiling this with GCC 5.4 myself, and got the same errors that you seem to be having. My guess is that since the 1.8.6 release is quite old (circa 2005), you'll need to use an older version of GCC to compile it.
  • skyjake wrote: »
    My guess is that since the 1.8.6 release is quite old (circa 2005), you'll need to use an older version of GCC to compile it.

And do you happen to know, if I get ahold of some old distro live cd and install it in a virtual machine, if I compile that engine there and copy it to my machine, would these binary files work?

• I am not sure about Linux systems, but thinking of Windows it might work or might not, depending on how the game needs registry entries (I do not know the equivalent of Linux in that regard). And you'll have to copy all the dependencies for it as well. Then it might work. But I think the easiest way would be able to compile it on your current system. From what I have found out, you will probably need GCC 3.4 or some version like that. The latest 3.4 version was 2006.
  • Sorry, that I didn't answer for the last few days, I was trying to build or otherwise get GCC 3.4.
    Milten wrote: »
    From what I have found out, you will probably need GCC 3.4 or some version like that. The latest 3.4 version was 2006.

Thanks, you were quite right. Using GCC 3.4 I was able to compile it. Though it still wouldn't run, even when compilation ends seemingly fine, without any error messages. It returns a message that it can't find libheretic library:
    "InitGame: Loading of libheretic failed (libheretic.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".
  • Did you also run "make install" after compiling? If it fails to find the plugins it could mean the binaries weren't installed in the expected directory locations.
  • Yes, I did.

Well, if your fix (http://talk.dengine.net/discussion/comment/16417#Comment_16417) for the current version works, then it wouldn't matter if I can't launch 1.86 :)