heretic registered

Please tell me where you can take the "heretic registered" WAD for Doomsday?

Comments

• edited 2017 May 25
    You can purchase "Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders" on steam (depending on your country) for 5 USD. Simply download it and you'll have the Heretic.wad registered version in there.
  • edited 2017 May 26
    Milten wrote: »
    You can purchase "Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders" on steam (depending on your country) for 5 USD. Simply download it and you'll have the Heretic.wad registered version in there.

Ou... O.o
    Thanks )
  • There's info about the different versions of HERETIC.WAD in the Doom Wiki.

As Milten says, the version available for purchase at this time is the extended one. I'm not sure if the original Registered version is sold anywhere (since it's an outdated version).

You can hide unavailable games in Doomsday in the User Interface settings (Unplayable Games).
  • skyjake wrote: »
    There's info about the different versions of HERETIC.WAD in the Doom Wiki.

As Milten says, the version available for purchase at this time is the extended one. I'm not sure if the original Registered version is sold anywhere (since it's an outdated version).

You can hide unavailable games in Doomsday in the User Interface settings (Unplayable Games).

Yes, I have already purchased Heretic. And indeed, Doomsday does not want to perceive him as a registered version.
    I have a poor knowledge of English, and I did not quite understand why this is happening, where to get registered WAD. Could you explain, if not difficult? Can someone give it to me just throw a file on the mail, if possible?
    There's info about the different versions of HERETIC.WAD in the Doom Wiki.

Suppose the version from this site, Doomsday does not perceive.
    doomgod.com/wads/iwads/
  • Anty666 wrote: »
    Yes, I have already purchased Heretic. And indeed, Doomsday does not want to perceive him as a registered version.
    I have a poor knowledge of English, and I did not quite understand why this is happening, where to get registered WAD. Could you explain, if not difficult?
    The IWAD on doomgod.com is Heretic 1.3, which is Heretic Registered + 2 extra episodes. This extended version of the game is also called "Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders".

The "Heretic Registered" that Doomsday recognizes will only apply to the old 1994 release of Heretic (versions 1.0 and 1.1).

But if your "Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders" is working, then you already have registered Heretic as well, because it's included in that version of the game.
    Anty666 wrote: »
    I have a poor knowledge of English, and I did not quite understand why this is happening, where to get registered WAD. Could you explain, if not difficult?
    The IWAD on doomgod.com is Heretic 1.3, which is Heretic Registered + 2 extra episodes. This extended version of the game is also called "Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders".

The "Heretic Registered" that Doomsday recognizes will only apply to the old 1994 release of Heretic (versions 1.0 and 1.1).

But if your "Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders" is working, then you already have registered Heretic as well, because it's included in that version of the game.

Thank you. )
  • Greetings! I just want to confirm this mate - that the Heretic Registered & Heretic Shareware are basically ignored as long as I have "Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders" recognized - correct? I hate seeing exclamation points and warnings! LOL But I do have the 1.3 wad - at least I THINK I do - because the 2 files are "heretic.wad" and "Heretic12.wad" and nothing that has 1.3 in it. But DE does seem to identify it so hopefully I'm ok. These are the same wads I used years ago and never had any issues. But I've forgotten exactly how I had my DE setup configured back then! LOL
  • Recent versions of Doomsday are much more picky about detecting the IWAD versions, so if it isn't the exact right one, it won't be picked up.

Shadow of the Serpent Riders includes everything from shareware and registered Heretic, so you're covered there.

In Doomsday's UI settings you can hide the unavailable games to get rid of the exclamation points (uncheck "Unplayable Games").
    wj0ciqstl85f.jpg