Doom(4) for doom addon

edited 2016 Nov 30 in DOOM
I have found a nice addon for GZDoom - Doom(4) for doom http://www.moddb.com/mods/d4d-doom4-for ... ds/d4d-v20 . I wonder whether there is a way to make this addon to work with doomsday. Or, maybe one of you guys is able to modify it so that it works with doomsday...

Comments

• I would imagine this mod relies on heavy use of ZDoom features, so unfortunately making it run on Doomsday is not really feasible...
  • skyjake wrote:
    I would imagine this mod relies on heavy use of ZDoom features, so unfortunately making it run on Doomsday is not really feasible...

Will there eventually be compatibility with other engines like Zdoom in the future so that those special addons like that can work too?
  • I am optimistic that Boom compatibility can be achieved in a reasonable timeframe, however ZDoom is a different story. It has such a huge catalogue of modding features that reimplementing them in Doomsday is out of the question. The only feasible way to approach this would be to take ZDoom's source code and create a "ZDoomsday", where the rendering goes through Doomsday but all the gameplay is running on ZDoom code. However, I'm not sure whether I'll ever have enough time for such a project as it certainly would not be trivial work.