A Few Questions

edited 2016 Nov 9 in General
Hi all ! I am new here, but not new to DOOM. I have a lot of experience in multiplayer DM, CTF, Duel etc on the 3 main ports Zdaemon, Odamex, and Zandronum. I like what I see here ! Looks like the devs working on this have talent (more than I can say for the 3 main ports). I have yet to get in a DM game on Doomsday and hopefully will get to try it soon enough.

Just a few questions here:

How do I change map ?? I loaded up a pwad, but cant change from map01? I looked through all of the wiki, command line etc, cant seem to find the command? It is usually just, map map23, or simply map23 in console.

Video settings-- Love the setup, seriously my mouth was watering looking at all the settings. But it seems when I try change values in Color Adjustment nothing happens ?? I was fiddling with gamma, contrast, and brightness for a while but nothing would change. And then randomly it DID change after about 10 minutes with nothing happening haha.

Definitely looking forward to trying some DM out on here. Maybe putting up a d2m1 duel server soon

Comments

• Welcome to Doomsday. :)
    writhe wrote:
    How do I change map ?? I loaded up a pwad, but cant change from map01? I looked through all of the wiki, command line etc, cant seem to find the command? It is usually just, map map23, or simply map23 in console.
    In the console, you can change the map with the "setmap" command (e.g., "setmap 23" or "setmap map23"). The "warp" command should work as well.
    writhe wrote:
    Video settings-- Love the setup, seriously my mouth was watering looking at all the settings. But it seems when I try change values in Color Adjustment nothing happens ?? I was fiddling with gamma, contrast, and brightness for a while but nothing would change. And then randomly it DID change after about 10 minutes with nothing happening haha.
    Are you on Windows? Do you happen to be running any other software that is managing your monitor colors and might therefore be overriding what Doomsday is trying to do? (For instance, Nvidia drivers can be configured for particular gamma/contrast values.)