Am I Missing Something?

edited 2016 Aug 17 in General
Hello,

First just want to mention that I have been using the Doomsday engine since inception. However, I still fall back on a 2005 compile which uses the old JDoom/JHeretic/JHexen exe files.

I downloaded the latest release from this website and I do like the GUI launcher, but I can't for the life of me configure Heretic or Doom to enable mouse look, adjust mouse settings, invert look, sensitivity, etc?

Where are these options?

I do miss the days of the Game Control Panel.....

Comments

• darkice091 wrote:
    I downloaded the latest release from this website and I do like the GUI launcher, but I can't for the life of me configure Heretic or Doom to enable mouse look, adjust mouse settings, invert look, sensitivity, etc?
    Perhaps you've overlooked the Config menu of the Doomsday taskbar? When a game is running, press Shift+Esc. Then click with the mouse on the Gear icon and you'll find a bunch of settings dialogs, including Input Settings for configuring the things you mention.

Here is a screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 ... ouse_y.jpg
  • Thank you, yes I did miss that option completely! But, I still can't figure out how to enable mouse look? It's just not working for me.
  • Assuming the mouse axes are enabled in Input Settings, perhaps it is still missing input bindings? You could try re-applying the default bindings by entering the command "defaultbindings" in the console prompt. (This will override most of your custom bindings, though, if you've made any.)
  • Ah ha! Finally figured it out, thanks skyjake.

My key bindings were messed up, so resetting them and redoing them did the trick. I also had to increase the sensitivity. All is well now.

Now I shall work on getting all the upgraded resources used. Then I can probably put my 2005 compile away.

O