How to setup proper coop game?

edited 2016 Jun 27 in Technical Support
Now only easily found option to start coop goes like it's actually DM with monsters, that's not real coop game, we need only SP weapons and item placements.

Please help and our life would be enormously better. ;)

Comments

• Have you tried setting the "server-game-coop-noweapons" cvar to 1? That should disable extra MP weapons in coop.

You would need to set that via the Shell app's command prompt and reload the map for it to take effect.

(Easier MP setup is planned for version 2.1).
  • Unfortunatelly I have to say, that MP is ruined within last builds. 4 years agoi we were playing fine Doom coop, all games right through. With latest builds, when GUI has changed, nothing really works around MP. Hope to see 2.1 soon...
  • yannara wrote:
    With latest builds, when GUI has changed, nothing really works around MP. Hope to see 2.1 soon...
    I would recommend the stable 1.15 releases for MP at this time. There has been very little attention paid to MP in the 2.0 builds so far. I will definitely address any big regressions, though, before the 2.0 release. If you can list here or submit bug reports about any particular things that are currently broken, that would be a help.