Server Addons Announcement Issue

edited 2016 Apr 26 in Technical Support
I have just downloaded the recent build 1.15.8 and I have noticed when setting up a server with a .pk3 as an addon it does not show it listed on the Pwad downlist. Is this normal?

Comments

• i don't remember dday having an auto download of stuff just that if everything was correct it would list it on the server as you need this to play on server.
  • Actually, it's not an auto download I'm talking about. It's the 'list' of pwads that show when you setup a server. It does list the wads but I don't think it list .pk3 I'm using on the server. I was wondering if that feature is not yet implemented.
  • right thats coming in 2.0 to see the addons used. i think it's coming at least.
  • Yeah that is not implemented yet. In 1.15 only the WAD files of the server are listed in the server announcement. PK3s are not.

In 2.0 servers will provide a full list of required addons to the client. Allowing the clients to download files from the server is planned for 2.1.
  • That is good to hear. I think Doomsday has a lot of potential. Thanks for the response.