hud weapons show positioned to low when using widescreen

edited 2016 Mar 30 in Technical Support
i always play at 16:9 1920x1080 widescreen resolution but all the hud weapons seem to be show positioned to low when using widescreen compared to when using non-widescreen resolutions,
which is especially obvious with fists on doom, where i can only see the tips of the fingers,
and on heretic its worse, there i can both only see the tips of most weapons, and with the gauntlets its worst, they appear so low they arent even shown on my screen when im not firing :/

DOOM
doomfists16x9.th.jpg doomfists4x3.th.jpg

doompistol16x9.th.jpg doompistol4x3.th.jpg

HERETIC
hereticgauntlets16x9.th.jpg hereticgauntlets4x3.th.jpg

hereticstaff16x9.th.jpg hereticstaff4x3.th.jpg

is there any way to fix this so i can get the weapons to show higher on my screen to make them show like they are supposed to?

Comments

• What FOV are you using? It looks very narrow for the size of your window... Try setting the FOV to something in the region of 100...110 and then use the cvar "rend-hud-fov-shift" to fine-tune the vertical position of the 3d weapon models.
  • ah yes, thanx a lot daniJ.

yeah i know about that the fov was rather low for my aspect ratio but i didnt set it higher cuz how higher i set it how lower the hud weapons showed, so if i would set the fov higher before the hud weapons wouldnt be visible at all

but the cvar helped a lot, setting it to 0 fixed the problem completely.

again, thanx a lot, with your help now i can just set fov higher without the hud weapons dissapearing
  • Glad I found this old topic! Had the same issue with weapons not showing up, set that cvar to 0, and now everything is perfect. FOV is set to 90, anything more looks weird to me.
  • Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem, I like the big hud but can barely see the weapon, playing at 1440x900 16:10 aspect ratio.

going to try the instructions in this thread, also want to say thank you very much for the author of this amazing port its been a lot of fun to me playing doom for real, because when I was young only with god mode, it's been a blast, words cannot describe the feeling of playing Doom...now I see how the "industry" of games ran backwards
  • The upcoming 1.15.9 release looks to have addressed this problem. You can also test it out in the latest 2.0 unstable build.

However, the viewing area in 16:9 still feels considerably smaller than it does under 4:3. Running doesn't really feel like running because of that. Will this be possible to eventually address as well?