Unable to download Heretic 3d models

edited 2014 Jun 13 in Addons for Heretic
Hello,

I'm new to the forums here, so thanks in advance for any suggestions. I've got Doomsday installed on a Mac Pro running 10.7 Lion OS. All is well- excellent game engine. I've been able to download all the models, textures, music etc for everything but Heretic. I've got the texture pack downloaded and installed, but cannot get anything from the torrent file for the model addons. Is there a file that can be downloaded form somewhere containing the 3d sprite models?

Thanks

Comments

• I assume you downloaded the Heretic Resource Pack (jhrp-20090703.zip)?

If so, you need to extract the contents of the zip-file into your addons directory. When you have done it right you will have a folder in your addons directory named 'jhrp1_01.box' containing a lot of pk3-files and two directories.

Hope this helps.
  • sune wrote:
    I assume you downloaded the Heretic Resource Pack (jhrp-20090703.zip)?
    Hope this helps.
    Reading the OP he clearly states
    artqum wrote:
    I've been able to download all the models, textures, music etc for everything but Heretic.........but cannot get anything from the torrent file for the model add-ons.
    I am having the exact same problem in that the torrent file listed in the add-ons section will not download. My torrent client gives me the following error message.
    "jhrp-20090703.zip" : Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error unknown url type: udp>

I have tried on several occasions to retrieve the file but it always fails with the same error message.

Is there some other site that has this file available for download or somebody that could host it temporarily so it is accessible.

TIA................... :)
  • I had a similar problem in that I couldn't find a pack that would work with the latest Doomsday. I am currently rebuilding the pack, including the new stuff that's come out. I can't guarantee when this going to be complete though.
  • Apologies if I misunderstood. I cannot seed the torrent anymore, but you can grap it from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckn56vk3drtfv8q/jhrp-20090703.zip
    It's still working for me in 1.14.1 - don't know about newer versions though.

And it sounds really interesting about the updates, Tea Monster. Looking forward :)
  • sune wrote:
    Apologies if I misunderstood. I cannot seed the torrent anymore, but you can grap it from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckn56vk3drtfv8q/jhrp-20090703.zip
    It's still working for me in 1.14.1 - don't know about newer versions though.

And it sounds really interesting about the updates, Tea Monster. Looking forward :)
    Thanks, I was able to retrieve the file from the link you posted. I was using an older version (jhrp-20070301.zip) I had archived but it would cause random graphic display issues. The file you provided is working very well under doomsday-1.10.2 on my Gentoo Linux System.

Thanks Much..... :)