The Windows version on the main page has issues

edited 2012 Feb 1 in General
I either downloaded it wrong/installed it wrong (though i think i just used the basic installer settings) but the version thats on the homepage right now 1.8.6 has some serious issues. First it seems to lock up sometimes when trying to exit a game, secondly it seems to install in your c: folder and the folder for addons is not setup correctly, also the frontend is much different... had some issues (also with mouse sensitivity not being slow enough for me as i have some motion issues) i decided to try the recient builds page. and it turns out 1.9.7 seems to install and work much better for me. I would thus suggest maybe to replace the default version with an older/or newer version that does not have this problem.

just a thought. was so happy when i got it to work right. now i can load my favorite addons from the past and all.

I will say this i think doomsday's lighting and all looks much better even then risen3d which i think was a split from doomsday but doomsday seems to be the most advanced looking version so far as far as lighting and everything which is nice! :-).

Comments

• That is indeed the plan; once the remaining issues have been addressed we'll make a full stable release of Doomsday 1.9.7 and it will replace the stable version linked on the homepage.