How do I install addons for 1.8.6/LAN?

First off, does LAN multiplayer work with version 1.8.6 and how do I install addons for 1.8.6 (still uses the kickstart starter..). Some help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Well, I haven't used kickstart in a while so I can't help you with the addon question. However, yes it does work with lan. The only thing you might have to worry about is that you might have to connect to the server multiple times before it actually joins. I have no idea why this occurs, but I'm pretty sure this can be fixed if you forward the correct ports in your router.
  • RiShooty wrote:
    I have no idea why this occurs, but I'm pretty sure this can be fixed if you forward the correct ports in your router.
    Port forwarding is only to direct external (Internet) traffic to a specific internal (LAN) PC. The router won't need to be touched if you're playing Locally.

But yeah I remember playing LAN on 1.8.6, use the manual IP to connect seems the most stable way (you might not actually "see" an active server on the LAN). In regards to addons for Kickstart, Most packages have been updated to the Snowberry format so you'll have to do some digging or your own work to find/convert addons for the older Kickstart I reckon.