I Bring Stone Tablets

edited 2009 Jul 16 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>skyjake</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the categories: Engine, Practices, Releases, Version 1.9, Version 2.0.</i>

I've updated the <a href="http://dengine.net/dew/index.php?title=Doomsday_version_1.9.0-betaX">future release wiki pages</a> to match the current thinking. While these may not exactly be set in stone, I hope this provides a much clearer picture of the road ahead for everyone. I didn't yet pin down exactly where is the 2.0 cut-off point ? we should define it clearly so that it doesn't keep slipping.

DaniJ, feel free to reorganize the game plugin specific future release pages to suit (or delete them, if they're no longer relevant).

Comments

• Thanks for the update on the immediate plans. I'll try to update the plugin release pages soon with my plans for them.

Unfortunately I'm finding myself with little free time for deng at present due mostly to increased responsibility at work and the demands on my time that go with it. Certainly for the next two to three weeks I doubt I will be making much of contribution code-wise.

However, I have been trying to at least keep track of developments in the new-order branches. I don't really have any feedback at this point because my understanding of the new architecture is patchy at present but I will say that in general, I really like the direction the new file system is headed. Nice work.

I will continue to track developments and once I have a better understanding of the design of the new systems, I'll get more involved.
  • All right. My vacation continues for a few weeks still so I have plenty of time for deng right now. Come August, my time is reduced substantially, but I'm finding the libdeng2 work motivating enough so hopefully I can find time to continue with a decent pace during the fall as well.

I'll document the libdeng2 architecture in the wiki in more detail before my vacation ends to help you understand the philosophy behind it.