Beta6.2 This Weekend?

edited 2009 May 6 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>skyjake</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the categories: Beta 6, Releases, Version 1.9.</i>

The May Day kind of got in the way of our release schedule, but I think we should package Beta6.2 this weekend. It should be pretty straightforward. I'll handle the OS X and source packages again, DaniJ if you'd take care of the Win32 one?

Comments

• Yes, a Beta6.2 release this weekend is fine by me and I'm happy to roll a Win32 package.

I intend to blitz the bug tracker today and tomorrow and try to get as much done as possible. So perhaps we aim to release late Sunday evening?

BTW, Vermil has agreed to act as guinea pig for testing any potential fix for the <a href="http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2657877&group_id=74815&atid=542099&quot; rel="nofollow">midbars issue</a>. I think this problem is one we need to address in this release.
  • Here in the UK we have a bank holiday tomorrow and I would like to spend the day addressing a few more of the reported problems in the current release and resolving some issues I've encountered.

According to my international holidays calendar, Finland should still be celebrating May Day.

How about we postpone the 1.9.0-beta6.2 release just a little longer so that we get a bit more done?
  • <blockquote>According to my international holidays calendar, Finland should still be celebrating May Day.</blockquote> Heh, I agree that Finland *should* still be celebrating, but in fact it's limited to the weekend. :)

We can postpone a day or two if there's something that requires immediate attention. However, the point of the release cycle is that it's punctual, not the amount of things that goes in the release. So, please take advantage of your holiday, but let's not delay the release too much. :)
  • How's it looking? Are we good to go for Beta6.2?
  • Just about. I've got a fix for the EAX initialization problem with dsdirectsound that will be ready to commit in about fifteen minutes but then thats me done for this release.

All that remains then is to bump the version numbers and we can begin rolling packages :)

EDIT: dsDirectSound fix commited.
  • Good, I'll do the Mac release tonight.