no free-look with doom using Doomsday 1.9.0-beta6.9 ???

edited 2011 May 21 in Technical Support
hi all,

i got some weird problem when trying to play doom with the latest doomsday. for some weird reason i cant use free-look, and in options there is also no option to turn it on or off for some reason.

when i play heretic with the same doomsday free-look works just fine, but for some reason it doesnt work with doom.

when i try to move the mouse i only can aim up and down, but the horizontal axis doesnt seem to work or something. i can use the mouse to aim up and down but moving the mouse to left or right seems to do absolutely nothing?

anybody else got the same prob or know a fix for that?

Comments

• Have you disabled the horizontal axis for mouse input? Open the control panel (shift+Esc), select the "Input" tab and on the right-hand side is a couple of "Disable" buttons, one for each axis. Ensure both are off.
  • no, it was already like that when i first installed it, and ive checked that immediately to make sure it wasnt turned off. it wasnt turned off, and i just re-checked to make sure it isnt disabled, and even though thats off moving the mouse to left and right doesnt do anything at all for some weird reason.

mouse-aiming works fine when i play heretic with the same doomsday version.
    ive also already tried playing doom on the same version without any add-ons to see if maybe any of them was the problem but even with no add-ons turned on still mouse-aiming doesnt seem to work like it should :/

aaah... nvm.... i just found what i did wrong....
    when i first started doom i had un-bound all the movement controls and re-set them to ASWD controls through the 'controls' menu from doom cuz they were set to walking with the arrow-keys instead of ASWD,
    and i forgot to set the 'turn left' and 'turn right' again for usage with the mouse *facepalms*

lol just noticed that when i was looking through the menu's again to see if i really didnt do anything wrong XD

i can be so stupid at times... that i really didnt notice that before lols