Doom (SNES) Soundtrack for jdoom

edited 2011 May 17 in DOOM
Hey please excuse me if I'm in the wrong section or if this is a stupid question, but I love the Doom SNES soundtrack. I would love to play the SNES Soundtrack on Jdoom. Would it possible to do so?

Comments

• Isn't it the same as Doom for PC? I remember playing Doom for the SNES many years ago and I recall the tracks sounding similar, but at that time, I never played Ultimate Doom or "doom 1" on PC but I did on PS1 which has different tracks altogether. First time I played Doom 1 (Ultimate Doom) for PC was in 2006 with Doomsday. I played Doom II PC in 1998 normally, which was around the time I played the SNES Doom, PS1 Doom games, and Doom 64. I also remember the framerate on the SNES Doom being horrible; the PS1 could have done better too (only 30 FPS). Doom 64 did better with framerate though. I think I will go to youtube to refresh my memory of what the SNES Doom was like...

...Oh yeah, it is different. That reminds me that I complained about the fact that Doom SNES didn't even have the blood effects when you shoot monsters. You just see nothing. That's not too fun. It's amazing that the SNES is even powerful enough to let you play Doom on it, but I guess they had to cut some things out...

...I also just got reminded on how I was disappointed that the shotgun pickup sound effect was removed and just uses the normal item pickup sound effect instead.
  • You can download the SNES MP3's - among other console version rips - from the homepage of the Doom 64 TC. http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/music.html

They are just MP3 files though, not an actual mod. So I would suggest downloading an existing Soundtrack Mod for Doomsday (see the Addons page on the Wiki), then just replace the MP3 files with the new ones you want.
  • JonusC wrote:
    You can download the SNES MP3's - among other console version rips - from the homepage of the Doom 64 TC. http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/music.html

They are just MP3 files though, not an actual mod. So I would suggest downloading an existing Soundtrack Mod for Doomsday (see the Addons page on the Wiki), then just replace the MP3 files with the new ones you want.

thxs for the link :)
  • a little bit off-topic, but you might like the music from classic doom (mod for doom3) as well (hardrock played with real instruments, episode 1 complete, about 10 tracks).
    Download the package (at filefront!?!), open one of the pk4 files (rename them to zip first) and extract the music files.