Show build number in the console?

edited 2011 May 6 in General
Just a little thought. I'm a guy who always likes to keep his software up to date, and I'll try doing so with the DE builds. Do you think you can display the build number in the console or something? I don't know any way of telling which build number I have. Thanks!

Comments

• sorry if i am being rude here but are you blind as when you enter the console right at the top and it will never leave is the version number with the port version as well so the version right now the DDay 1.6.9 and i did JHexen and it was at 1.3.5
  • Yes, I see "Doomsday 1.9.7" and "JDoom 1.15.9".

What I'm talking about are the automated builds now being produced (like Build 122 being the most recent). It'd be nice to see that version number listed in the console too.
  • ah i see what you mean but is it that important to have it as it will be changing on a regular basis?
  • That's up to Dani/skyjake to decide, but since it gets updated frequently I'd like to keep track of where I am...
  • I'll make the build number visible in the console for unstable builds.

In the meantime, you can check the build date using the "version" command.

A better solution would be to have automatic updates for Windows and Mac (on Linux that's already handled by apt).
  • you could construct an auto updater for mac and windows.
  • A better solution would be to have automatic updates for Windows and Mac (on Linux that's already handled by apt).

A better solution would be to have automatic updates for Windows and Mac (on Ubuntu that's already handled by apt).
    Fixed that for you :)