Release: Alternative Doom Models

Edited on 6/6/2011, Reason: Rapidshare link was down, reuploaded the file to another file sharing service

Alternative Doom Models

A long time ago, when I was still attending highschool I enjoyed a lot of spare time and began working on md2 models for the doomsday engine. The models are non-canonical and I took a lot of artistic liberties when I started experimenting with doomsday md2s. That was back in 2002.

Recently I stumbled upon these old files I had almost forgotten and the thought came to me I could share the best of my custom models with the engine's community which looks surprisingly active. So this is my first addon and most likely my last too. I stopped gaming altogether a couple of years ago ;-)

Most models were created from scratch and tutorials. Textures are stitched together from various computer games. The Homer, Mario and Pikachu-model are based on their quake 3 version I downloaded from polycount back then. I tried looking for the names of the respective authors of the original models and mention them here, but I couldn't find anything, sorry!

So I am sharing this with you, hoping some of you will enjoy my work.
Feedback is always appreciated!

seinsvergessen@gmail.com

Here's a preview of the models included:
arachnotron.jpg
Arachnotron

chaingunmario.jpg
Chainguy - Super Mario

cyberdaemon.jpg
Cyberdemon

demonsandimps.jpg
Imps aka Evil Santas and Mad Cows

impsb.jpg