Serious problem - levels won't load "Loading map"

edited 2009 Jun 16 in Technical Support
Hey, new poster here... I had an older version of doomsday and I was getting the error "P_UnArchiveThinkers: Unknown tclass 255 in savegame." while saving in plutonia, so I decided an update was necessary. I updated my older version Version 1.9.0-beta5 to the latest version from the newdoom forums here : http://forums.newdoom.com/showthread.php?t=36508

I then installed the new version (without removing the old version) and began using it. After the simple IWAD setup of the 4 doom games I have, I made sure all the correct addons were turned on. I went to play Ultimate doom, and the game loaded fine. As soon as I tried to actually start a game, the "loading map" circle would come up, and then nothing would be moving (I'm assuming the game is frozen). After waiting a couple of minutes, I ctrl+alt+deleted and opened task manager, only to get an error stating
"Doomsday.exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close close the program and notify you if a solution is
available" With only a "close program" option :( >>Same problem happens with all the addons turned off<<
I installed the new updated version at June 16th at 1:00 am Pacific standard time...
Hopefully all this stuff I posted helps to resolve this issue which may or may not be a bug or who knows what...
My computer specs are:
Acer Aspire intel pentium D 2.80 GHz
WIndows Vista 32-bit Service pack 1
3 gigabytes of ram
Video Card:Geforce 7300 GT---512 Dedicated Memory
PS: Really wish I could post a "doomsday.out" file, but one was never created nor has been.... I know because it still says the old version of doomsday in the "doomsday.out" file.

20q1jx1.jpg
The addons I had loaded.

Comments

• You cannot install beta versions of 1.9.0 over the top of earlier versions. Uninstall completely and then install a fresh copy of Doomsday.
  • Well I'm glad I included that little bit... thanks it worked. Just glad it was simple...