Forthcoming Web Server Upgrade

edited 2010 Jan 4 in News
Over the course of the coming week dengine.net is being moved to a new faster server. Hopefully the transition will be seamless but just in case there are any hiccups you now know why.

Those with email addresses at dengine.net:
Please retrieve anything from your inboxes that you wish to keep as a precaution.

Comments

• No doubt you'll have all noticed the numerous problems with the web site at present. Our web server host seems to be having a few problems at present but the sysadmins have assured me that they are working to resolve them.

The situation is particularly annoying for me personally because as you may or may not know, I actually work for that company. I was charged with moving this site to its new server, which I completed Monday lunch time (GMT). Everything has been migrated and is in its correct place but the problems are at a lower level; the configuration of the VPS itself which I have no control over. FYI, its not just dengine.net that is experiencing problems, there are several other domains on the same server which are displaying the exact same issues.
  • I still need to transfer the addons to files.dengine.net and re-enable the news feed on the homepage but other than that the site should once again be working fine.
  • Maybe it's a good idea to make the addons torrent-only (without the usual HTTP method) to stop the leeching once and for all? Could set your web seed on a schedule too if you start to get more permanent seeders/mirrors over time ;)