Problem when restoring saves

Just installed the program on ubuntu 64 bit and it looks amazing (I've been using wine and GZDoom). However, I've run into a bit of a show stopper. I can play as long as I want and it's great until I load a save game. When I do that, the graphics (except for the HUD and frame) get all melty like the old hall-of-mirrors effect. Start a new game, all is well. But I need to be able to save and restore. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Are you using one of the Ubuntu builds available here on dengine.net/SourceForge? Also, which version/build?

I haven't run Doomsday on Ubuntu in a while, it is possible that a few bugs have cropped up.
  • Thank you for the reply. I installed the version from the Ubuntu repos, which Ubuntu shows as 1.9.0-beta6.9+dfsg1-2.1 (this may be an Ubuntu numbering scheme) From what I've seen researching this problem, this is likely a fairly old version. For example, you still have to use jdoom for the game type instead of doom1. Perhaps my best bet is to download one from this website. I'll give that a try.
  • The new version I downloaded from here works perfectly. Thanks again for the help.