games won't launch from Front End 1.6

edited 2016 Jun 5 in Technical Support
I just installed doomsday on a second computer to try and get some multiplayer going. I'm using the stable Windows release (seems there is only a 32bit option?), and it installed, I selected the WAD locations, and when I click Play, a window blinks real fast and disappears, than nothing. Task Manager shows nothing running. When I uncheck the box next to Quit when game launched, it just says ''Launching...'' for a few seconds than goes away, nothing else happens. It does not matter what game I choose, same result.

I have Windows 10 64 bit, Radeon HD 3450 (dell small form pc)

I am unable to find any doomsday.out file anywhere.

any ideas? I did install the unstable release which did run okay. Is this a Windows 32 vs 64 problem?

Comments

• I don't know how much help this will be, as I use Win7.32, but as far as I know, the doomsday.out file is located in the folder C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Doomsday Frontend\runtime. At least for DE2 it is!

I'm not sure what stable release you are trying to run, or which game you are trying to play. If you can post more details I will certainly do my best to help. I do have a Win10 machine available to test with. I doubt very much it is a 32 vs 64 issue but I could be wrong.
  • i do not use snowberry as it's obsolete just load the front end and see what happens i know with the stable 1.5 sieries snowberry has problems in win 10 and david even tho your on win 7 with that machine you can still help as it's the same for win 10 as it is for win 7 in most ways that we need.