Remapping of Default Control Keys

edited 2016 Apr 29 in Technical Support
Hi there, and first, Thanks for this great engine. I've been trying to get things to work for the past 3 days after finding it, and so far, I've managed to get Doom, Hexen and Heretic working with music & HD addons. I've got Doom2 working with HD addons and sound effects, but unable to get the music going. I'll keep working on that.

Anyway, I've been looking through your forum for a topic that shows how to remap the default control keys for Doom, Heretic, etc. in a permanent way, so each time I restart the engine, I don't have to keep putting them back to my preferences. The only topic I could find is this one :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1228&hilit=remap

This suggests it used to be 'do-able' but not anymore, although the more I read it, this topic might be more to do with remapping the keys for the Engine itself and not the games ?
Your guidence in this matter would be much appreciated.
I have downloaded Doomsday ver. : doomsday_2.0.0-build1874_x86.msi and I'm using it on Windows 7 (64bit)
...... many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Same here. Controls aren't saved when restarting doomsday. I also do not have a doomsday.out file.

I have the latest build, 2.0.0.1941 64 bit
  • well the 2.0 builds might have problems still
  • Yeah definitely sounds like a bug. The .cfg and log file writing was working well in Windows the last time I checked but there may of course still be issues with it. I'll see if I can find reproduce this.