Doom 64?

edited 2016 Jan 24 in Addons for DOOM
I Downloaded a unstable build to test the UI which I love when you add a way to load the Addons through it but I noticed Doom 64 on the list of games??

is it now supported in Doomsday ? or is it still being worked on?
if it works do u need to generate the Doom 64 wad or do you need the N64 Rom ?

Comments

• there are wads out there for doom 64 but dday dose not support it atm or you would see it in the home screen.
  • yea I noticed it on the list of games on a Unstable Build in the home screen under games with missing Resources hence the question.
    I would love Doomsday to support Doom 64 as that's the one game that gets looked over too much and in its own right is a great game
  • It is intended that Doomsday will support Doom64 in the distant future. But it is something that appears to have really been put on the backburner at the moment.
  • there is Total Conversation mods to get Quake and N64 mods but I doubt they will work on Doomsday which is a shame. I prefer Doomsday over the other engines the end result u do look a lot more modern then the other engines. Hopefully when Model Project 2 get finished it will generate more interest from the mod community. Btw some those models looking awsome
  • Darklight wrote:
    is it now supported in Doomsday ? or is it still being worked on?
    if it works do u need to generate the Doom 64 wad or do you need the N64 Rom ?
    In the unstable builds, the Doom64 plugin has been partially updated so that it compiles and runs on Doomsday 2. It is supposed to be used with this IWAD from the old Doom64 TC: https://github.com/skyjake/Doomsday-Eng ... m64tc/iwad

However, the plugin is currently not fully operational, for example some switches don't work. I believe no one is currently actively working on it, though.