no launcher found!

edited 2016 Feb 1 in Technical Support
hi to everyone....first of all i'm italian....so excuse for my bad english...i love this port so bad...i played the early versions of this port...after i stopped playing for a long time....now, in these days i tried to install an older version(i installed the ultimate 1.15.7 stable release too....with no problems...except 3D models and external music files), the version was 1.9.7.1....well...i downloaded folders with several numbers of files...but i not found a launcher or an executable file to launch a game....is the snowberry frontend miss for the older releases? where can i downloaded a launcher for older releases? what have i done wrong? thank for eventual replies! :-/

Comments

• are you using the 2.0 builds if so thats why as you need to be using the 1.15 builds but if you are using the 1.15 builds look for a program called snowberry.
  • Gordon wrote:
    are you using the 2.0 builds if so thats why as you need to be using the 1.15 builds but if you are using the 1.15 builds look for a program called snowberry.
    thanx for the reply....1.9.7.1 stable release's build is 439...it's old...anyway, i tried to looking for a snowberry's download section...or any other launcher....but there isn't...unfortunately! :( what can i do?
  • it's included in the download look for the snoberry folder in the doomsday folder if you do not see it then you probably need to download the latest not 2.0 build.
  • Gordon wrote:
    it's included in the download look for the snoberry folder in the doomsday folder if you do not see it then you probably need to download the latest not 2.0 build.
    dear Gordon ... I was wrong ... the old version was 1.8.6 ... and already has the executable ... yesterday I started this old version to a friend's house ... and I noticed that the textures are more beautiful (with resource pack, obviously) than the version 1.15.7, whenever I can, I will post some pictures .... anyway,I still decided to work on the latest stable version 1.15.7 ....because it supports stereoscopic view .... and because the last wads not work well with older versions .... however, I take advantage of your kindness to ask you some things .... I have a lot of horror music in MP3 format ... with version 1.8.6, I created a file audio.ded .... and it worked great as external music .... I tried to do the same thing with the latest version 1.15.7 .... but it doesn't work .... always remains the original music .. ..for if you know how to do it with the latest version? I have recently joined the forum .... maybe you could report a post where others talk about how to put the music in this version ...thank you so much for all the help you'll want to give me ....
  • your posting in the right place and as far as i know and have done my self. so long as your ded file is linking properly to the music for each of the songs you want to replace then it should all work. also too you need to set doomsday to use external files witch i think is the default. this is assuming you do not want to change the file names but if let say to had all the files names in doom format so for track one that you have for e1m1 then the file would be D_E1M1.mp3 and for that you would need to make a new folder in the doomsday/data/jdoom called music then you just put your files there and doomsday should load them automatically. you still need to have dday set to read from external sources or it will not work. here is the wiki link to the music ded structure. http://wiki.dengine.net/w/Music_%28DED%29
  • Gordon wrote:
    your posting in the right place and as far as i know and have done my self. so long as your ded file is linking properly to the music for each of the songs you want to replace then it should all work. also too you need to set doomsday to use external files witch i think is the default. this is assuming you do not want to change the file names but if let say to had all the files names in doom format so for track one that you have for e1m1 then the file would be D_E1M1.mp3 and for that you would need to make a new folder in the doomsday/data/jdoom called music then you just put your files there and doomsday should load them automatically. you still need to have dday set to read from external sources or it will not work. here is the wiki link to the music ded structure. http://wiki.dengine.net/w/Music_%28DED%29
    Hi Dear Gordon....you're the man! I took your advices and I created a folder called music, put my mp3 files in there, renamed files....and it work perfectly!! yeah!! thank you very much! :D:D also...I downloaded DHTP (High resolution textures project) and copy folders in doomsday/data/jdoom...and work! now i'm happy.....but i have a last request for you....
    http://i.imgur.com/ywqjnf5.jpg .....i have the same problem of this guy...any idea? thanx again! ;)
  • it's probably a bad resourcepack that my guess.
  • Gordon wrote:
    it's probably a bad resourcepack that my guess.
    Hi gordon....thanx for the reply as always!
    about music....I sang victory too soon...yes, the external music work...but with glitch noise...in this way it result inaudible... :(( i tried other audio drivers from the snowberry's menu..but the result is white noise...i don't know what to do..
    in audio game menu we can select music lumps instead of external music...could be the solution? i tried with my audio.ded file....but it doesn't work...sadness! :((
    about resource pack...we can get a different version of it?
  • this is a known problem with encoding of the mp3 files best to convert them to ogg as they do not have that problem. for the resourcepack look on the forms if there is nothing then eternal sadness.
  • Gordon wrote:
    this is a known problem with encoding of the mp3 files best to convert them to ogg as they do not have that problem. for the resourcepack look on the forms if there is nothing then eternal sadness.
    Hi Gordon....sorry if I answer only now...i was busy in these days...anyway...finally i solved music problems, converting my Mp3 files in ogg vorbis...like you said.....thank you very much again! about the resource pack, I don't undestand where I have to looking for...I downloaded resource pack from add-ons section....is there any other resource pack somewhere else? where I am looking for...in recent builds?
  • i do not know. all i know is the one i have might error as well.
  • ok Dear....we hope in future releases! thanx again! :)