New way to download addons

edited 2010 Feb 19 in News
We now have a bit torrent tracker so that people can can download addons using bit torrent
Our bit torrent tracker also allows http seeds, so your downloads will never be slow while downloading over bit torrent. And it also means that every torrent will be ALWAYS seeded
Go to the http://files.dengine.net site to get your addons

Comments

• Nice work KuriKai, it seems to be working well for me.
  • It seems that the JDRP Alpha is missing files no matter how I download it and also it isn't letting me see the contents in the launcher or select individual files. They aren't working ingame either. I have Win 7 64 bit. Is it not compatible? Maybe it is compatible because I had Win 7 on my old hard drive just last week but got a new hard drive and installed Doomsday on there from scratch, but this time I fully activated my product key. I wonder what is wrong? Perhaps there are problems with the files themselves on the addons page ever since it was changed the last month. The JDRP files seems smaller, I think. Only around 38MBs and I thiought it was around 50MBs. Also, it only has 66 .rar model folders in it. This is not good.

I'm currently getting them from the newdoom forum, and if that fails and I have the same problem, I will get them individually from there, but tomorrow. Time to sleep.
  • It works now since I downloaded the file from newdoom and it has all the models in it and I can select individual ones. The one on the addons page is messed up though and should be removed and replaced.
  • The download link fails and I have as of yet to get it to be available.
    Doomsday: Download archive

The download archive is currently unavailable due to excessive use.

Just thought you guys should know the files don't seem to be available at all.

Also some guys on the doomsday forum on newdoom have complained about this not too long ago. see here for example.

Laters...
  • Hey Doom_Dude, welcome to the new forum :)

Thanks, we are aware of the issue. We were forced to close it due to the ridiculous amount of bandwidth we used up in the short time since the server upgrade. At present we are deciding what to do about it (see here).
  • Thanks Danij. :)

I'll have to read more of this forum later. ;)