3D model editor

edited 2016 Jan 4 in Developers
<div id="bridgedd"> <div class="excerpt-title">This is a blog excerpt.  <a href="http://dengine.net/blog/2016/01/3d-model-editor/&quot; target="_blank">Read Full Article</a> </div> <br /> The final week of 2015 turned out to be quite prolific.
There was a new stable build on Friday: 1.15.7.
I made a little bit of progress with animating player weapons by introducing the vanilla-style walk bobbing for the new model renderer. The final missing detail now is to improve how the weapon is positioned, so that FOV and viewport size changes don’t so easily move the weapon out of view. This has always been a bit of a problem with the old model renderer, so doing it better this time around is important.
I continued last week’s work on reflections by incorporating ... </div>

Comments

• Another example of the sapphire wand crystal ugliness. My bad, I should rework it with a new transparency/reflection shader capabilities.
    I have ideas about making inner crystal re-reflections.
  • In areas where there are no light sources (like in that shot) it would benefit a lot from having a reflection cubemap. I did try to select a modest looking shot, though, to draw attention to the editor. :)
    veirdo wrote:
    I have ideas about making inner crystal re-reflections.
    That sounds cool.