Where ist version 0.99.6 for my old demos?

edited 2015 Aug 16 in General
http://dengine.net/dew/index.php?title=Old_demos_don%27t_work states:

"You can still use the old jDoom version 0.99.6 to play the original Doom demos, albeit with less eye candy."

But I can't, no download avail. Can anyone put that one back online again?

Comments

• That would be a beta version of Doomsday that was released in the early 2000's (i.e almost 15 years ago).

Back then, each game Dday supported was released separately (i.e there were separate zips of Dday containing the plugins for Doom, Heretic and HeXen, rather than a single release containing the plugins for all three games) and both the version numbering and naming of releases was based off the included game plugin, rather than the engine.

Hence, I believe, you are looking for 'JDoom 0.82'.
  • Hehe, with the same problem: No download link for jdoom 0.82 (at least none that looks legit and is not adware-einfested).
    I still have the BOOM (PRBOOM) engine executables here when I was betatesting that one, but it cannot run Ultra HD. zdoom doesn't play the old demo .lmp's either...
    Looks like I am stuck with "Play old demos with old engines, and only at 640x480 instead of Ultra HD".
    I would have loves to put my old "23 minutes for complete doom 2" demo I made in 1997 online, in UHD of course.
  • It looks like PrBoomPlus can do it. (normal prboom is limited to 1920x1440).
    Sorry I bothered you!